Hi there!
I am new in Exome sequencing. I am having problem with the SNP quality score provided by SamTools mpileup. The scores are ranged from 3 to 228 and ~40% SNPs have Qual score of 222 and ~36% have 228. I do not understand why the result is not evenly distributed and having large peaks at 222 and 228. Any help would be highly appreciated.
I used GATK-3.3 with the following arguments:
1. GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -nct 8 -rf BadCigar -R hg19.fa QualityScoreCovariate -cov CycleCovariate -cov ContextCovariate
2. GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -nct 8 -R hg19.fa -BQSR
And, I used Samtools with the following arguments
3. samtools mpileup -C 50 -uf my.bam | bcftools call -mv -Ob > my.recal.bcf
4. bcftools view my.recal.bcf | perl vcfutils.pl varFilter -Q 25 -d 8 -D 20000 > my.recal.flt.vcf
Thanks.
I am new in Exome sequencing. I am having problem with the SNP quality score provided by SamTools mpileup. The scores are ranged from 3 to 228 and ~40% SNPs have Qual score of 222 and ~36% have 228. I do not understand why the result is not evenly distributed and having large peaks at 222 and 228. Any help would be highly appreciated.
I used GATK-3.3 with the following arguments:
1. GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -nct 8 -rf BadCigar -R hg19.fa QualityScoreCovariate -cov CycleCovariate -cov ContextCovariate
2. GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -nct 8 -R hg19.fa -BQSR
And, I used Samtools with the following arguments
3. samtools mpileup -C 50 -uf my.bam | bcftools call -mv -Ob > my.recal.bcf
4. bcftools view my.recal.bcf | perl vcfutils.pl varFilter -Q 25 -d 8 -D 20000 > my.recal.flt.vcf
Thanks.