Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to align the sequence with the 1000 Genome project?

Dear all:

I want to see whether I can find the target sequence in the 1000 genome project, especially in the non-human sequence. Does it any easy way that i can search the database just like running the blast against nr database? Thanks very much.

HY

1000genomes.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 1000genomes.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

What exactly are you looking for?

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply. I really want to find some target sequence in the non-human sequence in the 1000 Genome project. Can you please give me some idea how I can do it? Thanks.

HY

Comment

I have heard about mycoplasma contamination (http://www.biodatamining.org/content/7/1/3). What other non-human sequences are you expecting to find?

Comment

We want to find the bacteria sequence. Can you give me some idea the easy way to search the 1000 Genome project? Thanks.

HY

Comment

"Bacteria" is probably too broad a space to go searching.

You can use the search strategy from the paper I linked above. I doubt that there is an "easy way" to search. It would be best to refine the search question before you go diving into 1000 genomes data

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses