Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • charvi
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2017
    • 4

    #1

    Long-range PCR

    Hi everybody,
    I try to amplify two long-range product about 11000bp each (one amplify exon 1-7 and one amplify exon 19-27), %GC about 62. All criteria for primer design is suitable except primer F for product one located in an region of Loc105371566 gene and primer R for product two is near DNA/TcMar-Tiger. I don't know whether these sequence affect my primer activity. Do anyone have experience about amplify product like this?
  • nucacidhunter
    Jafar Jabbari
    • Jan 2013
    • 1250

    #2
    I do not know about specifics of your target regions. To be more successful you can try different primer sets around your region of interest and also consider a nested or semi-nested approach.

    Comment

    • charvi
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2017
      • 4

      #3
      Thank nucacidhunter,
      I'm considering semi-nested approach. However, my product is long. I'm worry it will take time to amplify my target. Normally, with product have length like that it takes about 5.5 hours. So If I apply semi-nested, What product length I should choose for outer primer to save time?

      Comment

      • nucacidhunter
        Jafar Jabbari
        • Jan 2013
        • 1250

        #4
        You need to walk out of region as far as you can get a good priming site and it does not have to be long.

        Comment

        • finswimmer
          Member
          • Oct 2016
          • 60

          #5
          Hello,

          can you please explain a little bit more, why you think that this region is difficult to amplify? 11kb and a gc conten of 62% doesn't sound quite difficult to me.

          fin swimmer

          Comment

          • charvi
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2017
            • 4

            #6
            Dear finswimmer,
            As I previously said in my question, my region is near LOC gene and repeat DNA/TcMar-Tiger. I don't know whether these sequence affect my results. I already had experience with amplifying so many long product more than 11kb and I had good results except these two products. Also, my primer is far away the splice site. So actually I don't know what happen except that clue.
            I'm working with human genomic DNA
            Last edited by charvi; 12-08-2017, 01:01 AM.

            Comment

            • charvi
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2017
              • 4

              #7
              The one issue that I concern when apply semi-nested is time. I don't worry much about the product length as long as I can amplify my product with short time (less than 8hours).

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Today, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              27 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              24 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              46 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
              1 response
              55 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...