Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sciara_coprophila
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 1

    #1

    New to Bioinformatics following sequencing

    Hello all,

    I'm a first year graduate student and just picked/joined my thesis lab. I have a bunch of illumina DNA sequencing data for both genome assembly and ChIP-Seq-like experiments. Im completely new to the computational aspects in these approaches - e.g. I have recently taught myself to move around in a Unix environment and my only achievement so far was to run fastQC on the sequence reads. Also, I have been working toward learning python.

    What I would like to do next is align reads (ChIP-seq type experiment) to a human reference genome. Should I use MAQ? Bowtie? BWA?

    How about peak callers? PeakSeq?

    In the future I will also be dealing with RNA-seq data for both transcriptome assemblies and differential expression analyses. Any help here would also be welcome. e.g. how does one take RNA-seq data from two different tissues through the analysis pipeline and end up with those nice log-log plots?

    Many many thanks,

    Sciara C.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
10 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...