This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing by and introduce yourself!

As the community continues to grow and more of you post, I think it would be great to have a place for new people (which is basically everyone!) to stop in and introduce themselves.

Thus the Introductions forum is born. We don't need your life story, but it would be great to hear where you're from, what you're working on, what platforms you like/dislike, or whatever!

Hi, I'm pretty new here. I work in Vancouver, BC mostly doing the experimental part of Illumina/Solexa libraries. I am also slowly learning the process of analyzing short reads--mostly for my own info--not to actually do it as there are computational biologists here in Vancouver that do it faster and better than I probably could.

Comment

Hi everibody.
      My name is Gabriel, I'm a biologist and bioinformatician. I'm currently working in the core facility of a Molecular Oncology research campus in Milan (italy).
      We are using Illumina Genome Analyzer II mainly for ChIP-Seq, but we've already done a resequencing and some RNA-seq are approaching ;-)
      Last edited by olus; 07-08-2009, 05:17 AM. Reason: update
      gabriele bucci

Comment

Greetings!

I'm a postdoc at NIH working with Solexa data. Excited to be riding a tidal wave of sequence data and so happy that this forum is available!

Comment

Hello everybody,

I am a postdoc in Australia, I am doing ChIP-seq. Hope to help each other.

Comment

Hello all!
            I just signed up today. I am a graduate student at The University of Utah. I am working on de novo sequencing of obligate intracellular bacterial symbionts. We just purchased an Illumina GAII and I am here to learn what I can about how to use the machine.

Comment

Hi,

I am a Computational Biologist in Cambridge, MA. I am mostly involved in Data Analysis and mapping variants. I am just getting into sequencing.

Cheers,
              Anamika

Comment

Oy!

Developmental biologist working at UC Berkeley. Interested in RNA-seq as a tool for understanding (alternative) splicing during vertebrate embryogenesis. I have very little experience with bioinformatics and high through put sequencing but look forward to learn from all of you guys.

Darwin

Comment

Hello to all,

I am a semi-retired academic with a strong molecular biology background and current activities both in academia (organisation of consortia and core facilities), industry (consulting for several companies) and writing (10 published books on various aspects of genetics). My specific scientific field in recent years has been microarray technology, which has led me to be very interested in next-gen sequencing. Currently one of the organisations I'm involved with has obtained funding for a next-gen system and is oscillating between Illumina and SOLiD. Any update on that thread ("Testing SOLiD vs Illumina) would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Bertrand
                  Bertrand Jordan
                  Marseille-Nice Genopole
                  Luminy Science Park
                  13288 Marseille, FRANCE

Comment

Happy New Year to you all!

I am new to this field, while I was working with Sanger's platform in the past. I am learning and hope to learn from you all.

Thanks for the initiative for getting this forum set up,

Comment

Hi, I'm Ela from Germany and have just started working with the Solexa sequences for bioinfomatical transcript analysis.

I am a very beginner in this field and I think, I will have some - silly - questions to finish my thesis right now with right answers

Greetings
                      eLa

Comment

hello everyone,
                        myself amit from india. I've just started looking into sequence alignment (basically short tags). I plan to analyze RNA seq data frm the Solexa platform. Wish to get answers to basic queries on alignment issues. (and advanced too, if i reach that far.. :-p)
                        cheers

Comment

Hello everyone
                          I am new here, my name is care,a graduate student from China.I am working with ABI SOLiD for the transcriptome research. Glad to meet you all here. I hope help others and get help.

Best wishes!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am a PhD student from heidelberg, germany. I will be working on the informatics side of Solexa sequencing projects and am here to learn and exchange support!

Comment

Hello from Israel!

Hi everyone,
                              I'm a graduate student in the field of microbial ecology, preparing to do a metagenomics project using the FLX system.

I stumbled on this forum by a fortunate accident.
                              Cheers!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                              0 responses