Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gabs
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 1

    #196
    Baby NGS data analyst

    Hi all, I'm a baby NGS data analyst and hope to grow quickly, get up and running as soon as possible with this community.

    Comment

    • cpw
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 6

      #197
      Dear all --

      I'm a theoretical biologist by training with a focus mainly on Biodiversity and Phylogenetics. My fields of activity cover the handling & processing of large quantities of data (fresh starting with data from NGS/pyrosequencing) alike the planning of an adequate IT-Infrastructure to accomplish this task.

      Cheers,
      Claus.

      Comment

      • mlendale
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 6

        #198
        Dear all,
        I'm a biologist and bioinformatician. I'm beginning a Post-Doc in INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research) near Paris. The NGS experiments I'll work on deal with host/pathogen interactions in swine model.
        cheers
        Marie-Laure

        Comment

        • Jenzo
          Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 31

          #199
          Hi everybody,

          I'm a student of the undergraduate program "bioinformatics" in Frankfurt, Germany. Currently I'm preparing my thesis, which will be on transcriptome assembly and analysis. So I'm very interested in algorithms, technical issues and workflows to handle big datasets as well as sequencing technologies and their data formats. Thanks to everyone who provides help to newbies here :-)

          Yours Jenzo

          Comment

          • Rash
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 1

            #200
            Hi,

            I'm master student in bioinformatics in Geneva with bioinformatics background (yes always been one ). I'm from Montreal

            Comment

            • austic
              Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 11

              #201
              Hi!

              Hi Everybody,
              I am a Ph.D. student in Colorado, USA working on a thesis involving colony variation of a pathogenic bacteria (and how it relates to disease). I am not using a Next-Gen sequencing machine myself, however I am in the process of analyzing next-gen sequencing data from some of my variants to see if we can uncover some explanations for why the variants behave as they do.
              I've been mucking around a little bit with various pieces of software and recently got GenomeStudio (DNA sequence analysis module) up and running and I am very excited to have a place I can come ask questions (some of that Linux stuff is incredibly intimidating!)

              Comment

              • maharajah.ponnaiah
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 2

                #202
                Warm Greetings Folks!

                I am Maharajah (Maha) Post Doc in CNG (National Centre for Genotyping) in Evry, Paris. I am working on Whole Genome Resequencing using Illumina...and SNP mining..

                Very Glad to be a part of this wonderful Community..!!!

                Cheers..

                Comment

                • Giancarlo
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 6

                  #203
                  Hi! I am Gianni. I am doing my PhD in Germany and I am just starting (with some difficulties) to deal with sequencing technologies. I find it great!

                  Comment

                  • Giancarlo
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 6

                    #204
                    Hello

                    Hi, I am Gianni! I am doing my PhD and I just started to deal (with some difficulties) with sequencing technologies. I find it great

                    Comment

                    • chaithraram
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 1

                      #205
                      Hello everybody,
                      I am Chaithra, doing my PhD in UK and would be dealing with RNASeq analysis. I am glad I found a place to clear my doubts!!!

                      Comment

                      • Keley Nunes
                        Junior Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 1

                        #206
                        Keley Nunes

                        Hi, everybody !
                        I´m Biologist , working at a brazilian federal institution named Evandro Chagas Institute, located in Pará State. I´m looking for someone who has experienced RNA virus sequencing in SOLID plataform to share with us. Actually we are facing problems to deal with RNA sequencing, even before to get it into the plataform, I mean , dealing with the library preparation.

                        Comment

                        • wangcompbio
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 1

                          #207
                          hello

                          I am Yuliang. I work in Univ of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. My lab mainly focuses on networks, but also began to do RNA-seq. I learned a lot in this community. Thanks to everyone

                          Comment

                          • HexiToFor
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 1

                            #208
                            Hello

                            Hi, everyone. My name Ximiao He. I am from China, and now doing my post-doctoral research at NCI, NIH. And now, I am doing analysis of Bisulfite Sequencing data using Illumina, also the ChIP-seq and RNA-seq data.

                            Comment

                            • magrathea
                              Junior Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 1

                              #209
                              Hi everyone! I'm a junior faculty at UCSF and I am keen to use ChIP and deep sequencing to address questions of mechanisms of transcriptional regulation during development.

                              Comment

                              • eduformi
                                Junior Member
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 1

                                #210
                                Introducing

                                Hi all,

                                My name is Eduardo, a brazilian bioinformatics researcher.

                                Background: Agronomist Engineer (1998 ESALQ/USP), Master degree in Sciences (2003 CENA/USP), and Ph.D in Biochemistry (2006 UNICAMP). I am working with genomic bioinformatics since 2000. After Ph.D, I worked at Canavialis SA/Monsanto, and now at Embrapa Agroenergy (www.cnpae.embrapa.br).

                                After some time with markers, I'm back to general genomics analysis, in an "auto-update" time : )

                                Best regards,

                                Edu : )
                                Eduardo F. Formighieri
                                (More info in my Curriculum Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/7715215673568526 )

                                Comment

                                Latest Articles

                                Collapse

                                • SEQadmin2
                                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                                  by SEQadmin2


                                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                                  ...
                                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                                • SEQadmin2
                                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                                  by SEQadmin2




                                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                                ad_right_rmr

                                Collapse

                                News

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                                0 responses
                                7 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                                0 responses
                                31 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                                0 responses
                                26 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                                1 response
                                47 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post pekgio
                                by pekgio
                                 
                                Working...