No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chip-seq and repetitive elements

hello everyone,
    i am a new post-doc at Yale university, from Nigeria an received my PhD in Biomedical Science
    i have a technical question i was hoping i could get some assistance with.
    I am interested in starting a Chip-Seq study to determine transcription factor binding sites in differentiated Human Endometrial Stromal cells. I am interested in binding sites at repetitive elements and was wondering about the certainty of mapping the binding sites to specific regions of the human genome.
    Last edited by eze; 08-18-2009, 09:01 AM.

"repetitive elements"... what kind of repeats?

Comment

preliminary studies have shown that the TF that i am interested in can bind to DNA transposable elements . the problem is; when mapping the reads to the human genome, what is the certainty that it will map to the right site. is it possible that i will get multiple hits?
      Last edited by eze; 08-19-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses