Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • doron
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 2

    #16
    Adding attachments to last post

    I hope this time it will attach...
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • Joker!sAce
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 21

      #17
      Hey, I'm using IGV too. I'm just starting on it and I like it, It's a great tool.

      Comment

      • crisant
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 7

        #18
        Hi Jim, I started to use IGV and seems to be fantastic. I have maize RNAseq and sorghum RNAseq. For the first I used the built-in genome and was nice, no porblem with that. I would like now to mapp the sorghum reads and was nice too, but I can't see the genes in the lower window (I see the reads in the upper window). Let me explain what I did: I imported the sorghum genome in fasta and in the "gene file" I choosed a GGF file (Sorbi1_GeneModels_Sbi1_4_Sbi1_4.gff), but nothing appeared in the lower window. What I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

        Comment

        • Jim Robinson
          Member
          • May 2009
          • 75

          #19
          Hi,

          This problem is usually caused by a mismatch in the sequence (chromosome) names between the gff and fasta files. The fix is to either rename the sequence names in one of the files (usually the GFF), or create an alias table as described below (look at the bottom of the page).



          -- Jim

          Comment

          • crisant
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 7

            #20
            Thanks Jim, resolved.
            Regards

            Comment

            • ndeshpan
              Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 29

              #21
              Is the IGVViewer site down?

              Comment

              • Jim Robinson
                Member
                • May 2009
                • 75

                #22
                It looks like all the Broad servers were down for a short period, they are back up now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

                -- Jim

                Comment

                • dphansti
                  Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 28

                  #23
                  Hi all,

                  I am trying to use IGV to visualize genomic differences between yeast strains. Right now I am having trouble viewing data from just a single strain. The aligned data (using BWA) can be loaded and visualized in IGV with no problem. However, when i use samtools and bcf tools to make a pileup and then a vcf file I get an error when i try to the load the vcf file into IGV. The error says...

                  "Error loading features: Unable to find required field GT for the record; we don't yet support a missing GT field, at line number #### Unload track test.vcf?"

                  I tried loading a vcf file from the 1000 genomes project and it worked fine.

                  Any suggestions? FYI, I am totally new to this field so go slow.
                  Doug
                  www.sharedproteomics.com

                  Comment

                  • Jim Robinson
                    Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 75

                    #24
                    Hi,
                    The error message indicates that you are missing a GT field for one or more records. This field is currently required by the code we use to read VCF files (taken from the GATK). I'll update this thread when this is resolved, apologies for the inconvenience.

                    Comment

                    • nilshomer
                      Nils Homer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1283

                      #25
                      Use "bcftools view -g" to call genotypes, which gives the GT field.

                      Comment

                      • dphansti
                        Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 28

                        #26
                        That worked. Thank you both.
                        Doug
                        www.sharedproteomics.com

                        Comment

                        • Alexander Tchourbanov
                          Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 10

                          #27
                          Dear Jim,

                          I think the IGV is fantastic tool, thanks for developing it. I find several ways to improve the presentation. To my understanding it does not allow quick navigation by rolling the mouse and dragging the ruler. If implemented, this would be significant advantage over the existing online genome browsers, that have more static means of control. I have also found that the reference genome annotation may benefit from more colorful attributes, to delineate CDS from UTRs. An example display could be found here. Is there way to display multiple gene isoforms for human reference genome, like in case of CD44?

                          Thanks,

                          Alexander

                          Comment

                          • Jim Robinson
                            Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 75

                            #28
                            Hi Alexander,

                            Thank you for the suggestions. I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you mean by "rolling the mouse and dragging the ruler". You can click and drag the view left and right as in google maps, drag the red rectangular bar, click on the cytoband, and use the keys (arrow, home end). There are also several ways to zoom. So please elaborate on specifics.

                            With respect to multiple isoforms, yes, right click on the track and select "Expand" or "Squished".

                            Best,

                            Jim

                            Comment

                            • Alexander Tchourbanov
                              Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 10

                              #29
                              Jim,

                              Thanks for quick response. Now I see how the coordinates could be changed by dragging and how isoforms could be displayed. What I meant is that central wheel on he mouse that can control the zoom on the Google maps when scrolling.

                              Sincerely,

                              Alexander

                              Comment

                              • Jim Robinson
                                Member
                                • May 2009
                                • 75

                                #30
                                Ah yes, that would be useful. But the scroll wheel is also used for scrolling vertically through tracks. Perhaps this could be a user preference.

                                Jim

                                Comment

                                Latest Articles

                                Collapse

                                • SEQadmin2
                                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                                  by SEQadmin2


                                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                                  ...
                                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                                • SEQadmin2
                                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                                  by SEQadmin2




                                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                                ad_right_rmr

                                Collapse

                                News

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                                0 responses
                                30 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                                0 responses
                                25 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                                1 response
                                46 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post pekgio
                                by pekgio
                                 
                                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
                                1 response
                                55 views
                                0 reactions
                                Last Post pekgio
                                by pekgio
                                 
                                Working...