Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • avnairn
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 3

    #1

    Introduction

    Hello All:

    I am new to RNA-seq and am using an Ion Proton instrument to generate data. Learning to process the data has been very frustrating because I don't know how to run command-line scripts. I've been working with some commercial software, but they are very expensive and don't do all the things I would like.

    I would love to have a contact who works with Proton data and would be willing to answer some basic questions for me.

    Thanks, Alison
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    Are you actually running (working on) a Proton sequencer or just using the data from a one?

    Comment

    • avnairn
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 3

      #3
      Both! I have a technician who assists with running the instrument. We are also having issues with the RNAse III digestion on the bench side.

      Comment

      • GenoMax
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 7142

        #4
        Is torrent suite not helping with basic analysis (since there is a GUI)? What kind of data analysis are you doing?

        Comment

        • genehunter
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 4

          #5
          If you upgrade to torrent suite 4.6, there is a new RNA-Seq plugin with new plots, tables and downloadable tables.

          Comment

          • avnairn
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 3

            #6
            I'm currently using Partek, which is great for doing the 2 step alignment but I have to purchase an additional piece of software to get RPKM values from the bam files.

            I will upgrade the torrent suite and see if the plug-in is helpful.

            Thank you GenoMax and genehunter!

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            10 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            32 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            48 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...