Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EthoStrain
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 7

    #1

    Hello from Cambridge

    Hiyo, my name is Jesse Whitworth and I have been working for the past year on IGV over at the Broad Institute. Before that I was leading Haploview development for a couple years in Mark Daly's lab.
    I have spent a good amount of time working with the 1000 genomes people over at the Broad and continue to have more questions than answers I hope that this community will be able to provide me with answers and be able to absorb my input.

    Cheers!
  • alizaid12
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 6

    #2
    Greetings from Tokyo, Mr. Whitworth. This will seem to be a very naive question, but I hope you can give some useful feedback. I recently used PLINK/ Haploview for assessing the top ranked SNPs obtained from a GWAS analysis. I intended to use Haploview to visualize the SNPs in LD blocks, that might be residing near genes of interest. I also manually checked by results from visual curation of dbSNP.

    I was surprised to find that no matter how hard I try to visualize the data in Haploview, it does not seem to correspond to give the genes of interest, that I can see residing close to my SNPs, when using dbSNP.

    I have downloaded various tutorials and also checked out on many forums. I haven't found any answer related to this matter. I wonder if you can elucidate. I would happily share this reply with other students [I am using Haploview view for my PhD research].

    Thanks in advance

    A.Z

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    10 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    32 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    27 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...