Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS Junior pair-end sequencing trouble

We just did yesterday a run with paired-end libraries on the GS Junior and the results are very strange.
    We had no problem to prepare the libraries. Good concentration and good profile on Agilent Bioanalyzer.

We did the emulsion as usual and get 5% of enrich beads.
    Usually we 8-9% but since we had 5% we decided to go on.

Today we get the results and it was very bad.

We obtain a normal range of raw wells and sample key pass but we had a lot of mix and dots and very few passed filter wells.

I would to understand if my libraries are good or not.

Can you tell me were is the sample key? Before or after adaptors?
    With such results I wonder if adaptors ligation went well.

I don't understand why I have a lot of mixed and dot beads but a good beads enrichment...

If someone can help me to understand!

I hope I post in the appropriate category!

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by LuLuNe; 10-31-2013, 12:45 AM.

I don't see there is problem with your library. key is located just after sequencing primer. The template can't be amplified onto the beads without adaptor.

High dot and mix usually indict the emPCR has problem. You just need repeat emPCR with higher DNA input. I think 5% enrichment is too low, aim to 15%, but below 20% is good beads. and make sure you wash the beads enough before final melting.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      A Brief Overview and Common Challenges in Single-cell Sequencing Analysis
      by seqadmin

​​​​​​The introduction of single-cell sequencing has advanced the ability to study cell-to-cell heterogeneity. Its use has improved our understanding of somatic mutations1, cell lineages2, cellular diversity and regulation3, and development in multicellular organisms4. Single-cell sequencing encompasses hundreds of techniques with different approaches to studying the genomes, transcriptomes, epigenomes, and other omics of individual cells. The analysis of single-cell sequencing data i...

01-24-2023, 01:19 PM
    • seqadmin
      Introduction to Single-Cell Sequencing
      by seqadmin
      Single-cell sequencing is a technique used to investigate the genome, transcriptome, epigenome, and other omics of individual cells using high-throughput sequencing. This technology has provided many scientific breakthroughs and continues to be applied across many fields, including microbiology, oncology, immunology, neurobiology, precision medicine, and stem cell research.

The advancement of single-cell sequencing began in 2009 when Tang et al. investigated the single-cell transcriptomes
      01-09-2023, 03:10 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse
    Working...
    X