Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiSeq V2 Upgrade Information...

There is some information in the original rumors thread...but I wanted to start a new thread to get some of the _actual_ post-V2-upgrade information out there (either from myself or others).

We are still in the middle of our 2x250 phiX install runs on 2 of our MiSeqs, everything has gone really nicely so far. The hardware upgrade took basically 8 hours spread over two days with two FSE's working on it.

Things I've noticed:

• Flow cell part numbers are IDENTICAL between V1 and V2. Based on the part numbers on the external storage tube.
    • The V2 instruments are ~40 cycles ahead of the V1 instrument (which is running 2x151)
    • The intensity profiles are crazy different (see below)

V1 intensity profile:

V2 intensity profile:

And %>Q30 looks similar but the higher quality in the V2 chemistry/imaging is evident comparing the quality at the same cycle...

V1 %>Q30 (where at C150 it's at ~80%)

V2 %>Q30 (where at C150 it's at 87%):

Also, in the interest of benchmarking relative cluster densities, we ran the same dilution of the same phiX library (12.5pM according to the FAS) on one of our V1 instruments as well. He recommended not doing this because the observed V1 cluster density was expected to be higher than for V2.

The two V2 instruments came up at 803 and 848...while the V1 run came up at 883. This is very close to our V1 experience, where we run 12pM to target 900K/mm^2, but it will be interesting to track if the moderately lower V2 cluster density is a real phenomenon.

Anyway...looking great so far...stay tuned...I hope to run some real samples as soon as possible.

Wow, that is a crazy different intensity profile. And noisy Q30 plot, what's the deal with that?

Comment

Both Q30 plots look like that...the other instrument has a spot on one set of tiles so there is a bit of dropout:

Comment

very interesting! this seems to suggest that signal phasing and basecalling may be contributing more to the reduction in quality near the end of reads than the chemistry/imaging. if that's true then algorithms must be the way forward to 400+400 and beyond. makes me wonder if we'll ever see this chemistry on a bigger hiseq-like instrument.

Comment

Eco: I assume this run must have finished by now.

Can we get an update?

Comment

Not sure if this would affect MiSeqs with the hardware upgrade, but there is a bug in the MCS v2.0 software that is delaying its release. I think it should have gone live Monday of this week. Word is that it will happen early next week.

(MCS v2.0 is apparently necessary to obtain 250 cycle reads using the new v2 MiSeq chemistry reagent kits.)

--
            Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
              Not sure if this would affect MiSeqs with the hardware upgrade, but there is a bug in the MCS v2.0 software that is delaying its release. I think it should have gone live Monday of this week. Word is that it will happen early next week.

(MCS v2.0 is apparently necessary to obtain 250 cycle reads using the new v2 MiSeq chemistry reagent kits.)

--
              Phillip
              yep, heard the same thing today after talking to customer support, since I wasn't able to find the software update on myillumina.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
              0 responses