Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In GBS methods (single or double digest) one can recognise the presence of repeat region or organelle fragments’ amplicons in prepped library and not to proceed to sequencing. I believe this is one aspect that they look at the establishment phase for new species. Users often utilise only 50% of their GBS reads because of low coverage and low number of common loci among samples but they still are happy getting around 1K polymorphic loci from their data. Some users repeat their samples in their submission to increase coverage. Obviously, number of useful fragments depends on study aim, population type, existence of reference genome and other factors. ddRAD as it has been described leaves sampling repeat region to chance.

RAD-Seq is most comprehensive and probably more consistent version of the methods, but library prep costs can be prohibitive and can exceed sequencing costs.
    Last edited by nucacidhunter; 05-24-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbangs View Post
      Thank you for your comments nucacidhunter and SNPsaurus.
      I guess I should explain my math. I was trying to calculated the number of expected loci for a given size selection (300+/-36) so I calculated the proportion of DNA in the size selection (.47ng/19.4ng) and then multiple by the size of the genome (2.42Gbps) to get the number of bps with in the selection.
      Hi!

Please, I would like to know if these concentration values of ng/ul are from real data, because I am doing ddRAD and I found similar concentration. But I didn't do qPCR yet to see if the final concentration is good for sequencing.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
      0 responses