Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much on that information.I was just wondering for how long were you using it before service?Just to compare with my lab...

Comment

Thank you very much on that information.I was just wondering for how long were you using it before service?Just to compare with my lab...And what kind of test is that with aluminium foil?

Comment

sorry for the delay in replying. So the bioruptor belongs to a neighboring lab. They were one of the very early adoptors of the Diagenode machines. So they've had it since the beginning, about 5 years or so. This was its first servicing.

The foil test was a recommendation from Diagenode. It's a simple test that determines whether the machine's power output is where it's supposed to be. What you do is cut a sheet of aluminum foil to a size that will fit in the water bath, place it underneath the surface and sonicate. If your machine is working well it should poke really big holes in the foil all over. If it's not working well it will likely only make dimples in the foil or otherwise really small holes. I would call Diagenode to make sure that I'm describing the procedure correctly but that is basically how it was described to me. For the machine I'm using it could only put little dimples and a few small holes in the foil (at max power). After the repair, it practically shredded the foil.

If I get a better description of the procedure I'll post it.

Good luck!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
        0 responses