Seqanswers Leaderboard Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ion Torrent Protocol?

    I've been searching on the web and haven't been able to find an ion torrent protocol, let alone any details about the prep process. Other than it requires emPCR, I can't find much else.

    Can anyone help me out??

    Thanks

  • #2
    The Ion Torrent online store has a bit of information you might find helpful:
    Researchers use Applied Biosystems integrated systems for sequencing, flow cytometry, and real-time, digital and end point PCR—from sample prep to data analysis.

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.iontorrent.com/the-simple...ing-chemistry/ some basic chemistry and if you navigate round the site there are more info but its still very vague.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi there,

        I'd recommend registering for the Ion Community. Certain sections are only accessible by customers but the first area that you reach as a general user contains several videos that I think you would find informative, including a technology webinar and a customer presentation.

        Best regards,
        Jason Affourtit

        Director, Field Applications Support
        Ion Torrent

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you Jason. Ion Community is definitely a helpful tool. It answered many questions I still had.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PersianExcurzion View Post
            Thank you Jason. Ion Community is definitely a helpful tool. It answered many questions I still had.
            You're quite welcome! We (and our customers) are adding material every day so please do check back!

            Best regards,
            Jason

            Director, Field Applications Support
            Ion Torrent

            Comment


            • #7
              I tried to register in Ion Community, but I still don't see anything useful. In the section "Documents", there is only 3 pdf available, with only some general information. Is there anything more detailed which is available for non-customers? (overall, it looks quite scant for all sections: "Discussions" - 0, "Blog Posts" - 0, etc. Ok, videos are nice - but it is nothing to have with protocol)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aushev View Post
                I tried to register in Ion Community, but I still don't see anything useful. In the section "Documents", there is only 3 pdf available, with only some general information. Is there anything more detailed which is available for non-customers? (overall, it looks quite scant for all sections: "Discussions" - 0, "Blog Posts" - 0, etc. Ok, videos are nice - but it is nothing to have with protocol)
                Hi aushev,

                Certain portions of the site are limited to current PGM customers, including User Guides. If you're a customer and have not yet been granted full access please let us know and we'll take care of that right away.

                Comment


                • #9
                  thanks for the answer, but I am not the customer yet - I simply would like to know more in advance.
                  (To tell the truth, I see absolutely no sense in this kind of limitation of access to User Guides, if it is not top secret - finally, I can ask some colleagues who are already customers, to send it to me - it will just take more time)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If only there were a non-restricted community of NGS users where people could share protocols....

                    Maybe someday...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IonTorrent View Post
                      Hi aushev,

                      Certain portions of the site are limited to current PGM customers, including User Guides. If you're a customer and have not yet been granted full access please let us know and we'll take care of that right away.
                      Does anyone disagree with me that such a policy is stunningly shortsighted? Today's browsers are tomorrow's customers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You know I actually talked with Jonathan Rothberg at AGBT 2010, when the ion torrent was first being announced and unless I am misremembering the whole ethos of the company was going to be tinkerer-friendly towards reagents and code, with the major focus of the company being set on the selling of the chips. I can understand Life Tech (as formerly ABI) being all about the proprietarization (is that a word?) but you know if you really want the envelope pushed with your tech you need to let people start messing with it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ion Community Home>Polls>Useful information release
                          Voting starts on May 9, 2011 12:00 AM

                          What would be the most useful information to be posted on the Ion Community?
                          Vote now: choose one
                          1. Simplicity! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how simple the entire process is.
                          2. Science! Releasing the protocols for the kits will help develop more scientific applications of the PGM.
                          3. Speed! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how quickly I can get from sample to data.
                          4. Data produced by the PGM! Showing how well the PGM sequences will support purchases.
                          5. Nothing! Keeping information behind closed doors doesn't build a community
                          .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by epistatic View Post
                            Ion Community Home>Polls>Useful information release
                            Voting starts on May 9, 2011 12:00 AM

                            What would be the most useful information to be posted on the Ion Community?
                            Vote now: choose one
                            1. Simplicity! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how simple the entire process is.
                            2. Science! Releasing the protocols for the kits will help develop more scientific applications of the PGM.
                            3. Speed! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how quickly I can get from sample to data.
                            4. Data produced by the PGM! Showing how well the PGM sequences will support purchases.
                            5. Nothing! Keeping information behind closed doors doesn't build a community
                            .
                            Admirable next step, pretty funny that there is no option for ALL.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              same here ...

                              I also would love to have the ionTorrent emPCR - moslty to compare methods and get an idea of what it really involves, equipment needed ... Anyway, I leave my e-mail address here in case someone can help with the protocol? [email protected]
                              THANKS

                              Comment

                              Latest Articles

                              Collapse

                              • seqadmin
                                Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
                                by seqadmin



                                While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
                                06-06-2024, 07:15 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
                                by seqadmin



                                Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

                                Somatic Genomics
                                “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
                                05-24-2024, 01:16 PM

                              ad_right_rmr

                              Collapse

                              News

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 07:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              10 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 06-13-2024, 08:58 AM
                              0 responses
                              11 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 06-12-2024, 02:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              16 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 06-07-2024, 06:58 AM
                              0 responses
                              184 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Working...
                              X