Header Leaderboard Ad

Collapse

Ionsphere recovery/quantitation

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ionsphere recovery/quantitation

    Original question was:
    Page 22 of the Ion Express template user's guide gives sequences for 56-Fam and Cy5 primers to be used with the Qubit, but the sequences are B' and A, respectively--matching the earlier version of adapters. Why would the B' not have been changed to P' sequence? IT tech support says it would still work because it binds to the beads.
    Last edited by HMorrison; 05-18-2011, 05:16 AM. Reason: replacing content previously removed.

  • #2
    ---------------------------
    Last edited by IonTorrent; 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was told that tech support's answer was correct and had posted the full answer, but some of it contained links to the Ion Community forum that aren't accessible unless the user is registered. While I suspect that anyone who participates in IT area of SeqAnswers can get there, Jason had asked me to remove the post. The SA moderator got into the discussion. So I'm reposting my question and a paraphrase of the answer w/o the URLs.

      See the diagram on Page 2 of the April Performance update that's available on Ion Community site (not to be confused with Illumina's "Icom" site!). The information was included in a protocol update webinar in April; I just didn't remember it.
      Last edited by HMorrison; 05-18-2011, 05:22 AM. Reason: replacing content previously removed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ion, you will have a response to your PM this evening.

        Needless to say, I do not feel it's the role of this site to selectively censor information that will help your broader userbase and potential customers.

        But we can continue this discussion offline.

        Comment


        • #5
          What's going on here??!?!?!?

          It's good that SEQAnswers wants to be cooperative, but it is a public forum. If something is relevant & appropriate for this forum and is not libel or an act of someone disclosing clear trade secrets, then I strongly urge you to never remove the information.

          Comment


          • #6
            Krobison, I've replaced my part of the discussion after hearing feedback from both IT and ECO.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ion Torrent is limiting their market by being so up tight about releasing any information. Their community website is far less informative than this site. Most people who do NGS will eventually have more than one type of sequencer and need a broader focus that's not limited to a single technology.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ion Community vs. SEQAnswers

                Originally posted by NextGenSeq View Post
                Ion Torrent is limiting their market by being so up tight about releasing any information. Their community website is far less informative than this site. Most people who do NGS will eventually have more than one type of sequencer and need a broader focus that's not limited to a single technology.
                Yes--we have three different platforms (plus the old 3730XLs), which is why I prefer this forum to Ion Community. Plus I find it easier to navigate. Sorry, Jason.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Appreciate the feedback, Hilary. It would be great to have specifics on how to enhance the IonCommunity to better meet your needs (please post here or e-mail/PM Jason). Is it too cluttered? Is there too much content to sift through?

                  While we appreciate the discussion here at SeqAnswers, the IonCommunity is the only place where we, as a company, can absolutely ensure that the most up to date, detailed protocols and replies to customer inquiries can be found. That's the primary reason for why it was created.

                  At the risk of having this final comment turn into a hilarious meme, we just want to say again that all of these comments and inquiries to date are spurring much internal discussion on how to better serve the broader community, so thanks, again, for the push!

                  -The Ion Torrent Team

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by IonTorrent View Post
                    At the risk of having this final comment turn into a hilarious meme, we just want to say again that all of these comments and inquiries to date are spurring much internal discussion on how to better serve the broader community, so thanks, again, for the push!

                    -The Ion Torrent Team
                    Would you care to weigh in?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IonTorrent View Post
                      Appreciate the feedback, Hilary. It would be great to have specifics on how to enhance the IonCommunity to better meet your needs (please post here or e-mail/PM Jason). Is it too cluttered? Is there too much content to sift through?

                      While we appreciate the discussion here at SeqAnswers, the IonCommunity is the only place where we, as a company, can absolutely ensure that the most up to date, detailed protocols and replies to customer inquiries can be found. That's the primary reason for why it was created.

                      At the risk of having this final comment turn into a hilarious meme, we just want to say again that all of these comments and inquiries to date are spurring much internal discussion on how to better serve the broader community, so thanks, again, for the push!

                      -The Ion Torrent Team
                      I guess it's really difficult for Ion Torrent to post and update their protocols here?

                      I know Illumina also asks for pdfs to be taken down but don't you think people just PM each other and email them out?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HMorrison View Post
                        I was told that tech support's answer was correct and had posted the full answer, but some of it contained links to the Ion Community forum that aren't accessible unless the user is registered. While I suspect that anyone who participates in IT area of SeqAnswers can get there, Jason had asked me to remove the post. The SA moderator got into the discussion. So I'm reposting my question and a paraphrase of the answer w/o the URLs.

                        Not directed at the poster: STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

                        It is proper etiquette to label links which go through a paywall or registration wall as requiring registration; it is utterly idiotic to say that the links themselves are proprietary information. A wise organization would see this as users establishing what they need (much like the apocryphal university laying its walks out where the grass is worn out); a foolish one will see it as a threat.

                        If Ion is really worried about stale links, then establish a set of appropriate permalinks which the outside world can be encouraged to use but which are small neighborhoods within the site. That's like saying "Well, if you want to get to Carnegie Hall, go to New York City". Personally, I find the Ion site a persistent barrier to finding useful information; it is only when someone puts a link within a discussion somewhere that I can actually find anything.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Why is IonTorrent given "Member" status and not a registered vendor? I like that vendors can post here, but don't feel like they should patrol the site, squashing out pretty normal discourse between NGS users...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The_Dark_Base View Post
                            Why is IonTorrent given "Member" status and not a registered vendor? I like that vendors can post here, but don't feel like they should patrol the site, squashing out pretty normal discourse between NGS users...
                            "Registered Vendor" is just a usergroup that has thread-starting permissions in the Vendor Forum (anyone can respond). Implies nothing other than the entity has requested permission to post there. That forum's intent was to keep overtly commercial posts segregated so they are easy to ignore for those who aren't interested.

                            Vendor posts that are pertinent to the discussion are still welcome outside of that forum.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X