X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jts
    replied
    Have you considered using abyss?

Widespread adoption of massively parallel deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing instruments has prompted the recent development of de novo short read assembly algorithms. A common shortcoming of the available tools is their inability to efficiently assemble vast amounts of data generated from large …

Leave a comment:

• jvhaarst
    replied
    I'm in the process of doing just that (1GB genome done with Illumina data), I'll post my results.
    I'll first have a go with SOAPdenovo, see where that leads me.

Leave a comment:

• francesco.vezzi
    replied
    Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
    1gb + genome, 100gb + sequence data (solexa)

What are people's thoughts for de novo assembly? RAM being the limiting issue, and of course the speed and accuracy if less of RAM is used

and there are a lot of deNovo assembly tools which I was unfortunately not able to follow .. so your feedback is very welcome.

thanks
    The best de novo assembly tool is velvet but also euler-sr gives good performances. I think is quite hard assembly a so large amount of data, I think you are oblige to divide it into several sets and assembly independently and then try to combine the results together

Leave a comment:

• bioinfosm
    started a topic a GB genome with SE PE data

a GB genome with SE PE data

1gb + genome, 100gb + sequence data (solexa)

What are people's thoughts for de novo assembly? RAM being the limiting issue, and of course the speed and accuracy if less of RAM is used

and there are a lot of deNovo assembly tools which I was unfortunately not able to follow .. so your feedback is very welcome.

thanks

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses