Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • serenaliao
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 22

    #1

    Public Mouse Methyl-seq Data?

    Hi everyone,

    I am looking for a public whole genome methyl-seq data, GA or hiseq to do comparison to another platform. I have actually looked into one data deposit to GEO, but it turns out their bam file has a mixture of single and pair-end data(about 70% single end), is that very strange?

    Actually I have no idea how to proceed with that. Does anyone have any idea or suggestion to any other public data?

    Thanks in advance!
  • simonandrews
    Simon Andrews
    • May 2009
    • 870

    #2
    We have deposited quite a bit of this type of data, both MeDIP and BS-Seq/RRBS. Our data all went into EBI SRA. There's a list of them at:

    Comment

    • serenaliao
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 22

      #3
      Originally posted by simonandrews View Post
      We have deposited quite a bit of this type of data, both MeDIP and BS-Seq/RRBS. Our data all went into EBI SRA. There's a list of them at:

      http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/data/search?query=babraham
      Thanks, I will try those.

      Comment

      • serenaliao
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 22

        #4
        Originally posted by simonandrews View Post
        We have deposited quite a bit of this type of data, both MeDIP and BS-Seq/RRBS. Our data all went into EBI SRA. There's a list of them at:

        http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/data/search?query=babraham
        Hi andrew,

        I downloaded two samples BS from EBI SRA. Basically, we are more interesting in Hiseq2000. I am wondering if you can answer my question. After I download sample DRR001680, I found the reads are all "N". That's very wired, isn't it? Both of the two samples and pair-end reads are like this. Did I miss anything. Appreciate your help!

        @DRR001680.48 HWI-ST325_154:5:100:2302:1074/1
        NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
        +
        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Or any other one who have experience dealing with ENA data is welcome to give suggestions!

        Comment

        • simonandrews
          Simon Andrews
          • May 2009
          • 870

          #5
          Originally posted by serenaliao View Post
          I downloaded two samples BS from EBI SRA. Basically, we are more interesting in Hiseq2000. I am wondering if you can answer my question. After I download sample DRR001680, I found the reads are all "N". That's very wired, isn't it? Both of the two samples and pair-end reads are like this. Did I miss anything. Appreciate your help!
          It's quite common for the sequences at the start of an illumina file to be all Ns. They're normally from the tiles at the edge of the flowcell where the data can be pretty poor. You don't have to scroll far into the file to see real sequence show up. Trying to browse a fastq file is often pretty fruitless as you'll get bored of scrolling before you've got far enough into the file to see representative sequences.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          11 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          34 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...