Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • friedrim
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2014
    • 4

    #1

    ChIPSeq after FACS

    Dear all,
    I need to perform ChIPSeq on a subpopulation of my neuroblastoma cell line. However, I am worried that the FACS will compromise the integrity of DNA protein interactions. I am going to look at chromatin marks as well as transcription factor myc.
    Does anyone have experience with this topic? What nozzle size and pressure do you use for cell sorting? In our facility, we have an Aria I machine, and I would like to use a 85M nozzle.
    Did anyone try and do the crosslinking before vs after the cell sorting?

    Many thanks for any comments.
    Mona
  • dpryan
    Devon Ryan
    • Jul 2011
    • 3478

    #2
    If you don't get any good responses then you might contact Stephan Bonn (though do read through some of his papers to see if the info you need happens to be in there). His group uses FACS sorting of nuclei to purify cell subpopulations from the brain prior to ChIPseq and have had good success. I expect they've done whole cell FACS as well.

    Comment

    • shldbcrzy1
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2016
      • 6

      #3
      Friedrim,

      I am planning to run an expt similar to the one that you described (with specific neuronal population) and will fix samples before FACS. Did you get an answer to your question as to the integrity of the DNA interactions ?

      Comment

      • friedrim
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2014
        • 4

        #4
        Hi, sorry, but I didnt continue this particular experiment since it turned out to be too difficult to collect enough cells for ChipSeq. Good luck for you!

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...