Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ijivanjee
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 8

    #1

    Reactions vs. Samples

    I'm sorry, this is a dumb question.

    When a company advertises 96 reactions, does that essentially mean the product can handle 96 samples? I'm speaking in context of target enrichment/DNA capture.
    www.idtdna.com
    [email protected]
  • GW_OK
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 411

    #2
    I think it means you can capture something 96 times. You could do 1 sample 96 times or 96 samples 1 time. That's how I would read it.

    Comment

    • ijivanjee
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 8

      #3
      So if a product offers 10 reactions with a max size of 2 MB, then I can have 10 samples with 1X coverage on 2 MB OR I can have 1 sample with 10X coverage on 2MB?
      www.idtdna.com
      [email protected]

      Comment

      • GW_OK
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 411

        #4
        I don't think coverage comes into it. That's more of a sequencing issue, not capture.
        I would read "10 reactions with a max size of 2 MB" to mean you may capture up to 2MB total 10 times from any number of samples between 1 and 10.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        11 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        34 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        48 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...