Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • seq_lover
    Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 18

    #1

    some basic queries (mapping)

    Hi everyone,

    I am newbie to sequencing analysis. I would be thankful if someone can answer these questions:-

    1) What are uncallable bases in reads? Are these "N" thing in some reads. Because when I read any article it says we should remove reads with uncallable bases.

    2) There are two types of reference genome you can map against. One is with repeats and other is without repeats. Which one I should use for reads from DNA sequencing? Also, will it change if I have data from RNAseq?

    3) I used Whole genome including intergenic and introns and mapped my RNAseq data against it. The reads were paired and in the end I found that only 20-30 % of my paired reads were mapped correctly(same distance apart as of insert size). I am sure as i RNAseq reads there is a possibility of getting this type of result. But is the number correct. Also, is there any way you can be sure that mapping was done in correct way.

    Thanks

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
0 responses
11 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...