Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roliwilhelm
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 38

    #1

    Creating "Consensus" Sequence between Reference and Mapped Reads

    Hello!

    I've mapped all of my Ion Torrent reads (~100bp) to a reference genome (Bradyrhizobium ORS278) and I would like to someone how splice out all the Bradyrhizobium sequence that has >97% similarity to my mapped reads. I'd like to do this because I think (now correct me if I'm wrong) that this would be a good method for comparing the genetic make-up of my env. isolate to Bradyrhizobium. I'd then take this pseudo-consensus sequence (i.e consensus of all the ORFs/genes between my unknown and the unannotated genome) and run it through a pathways identifier.

    Is it possible to say: give me all the sequence from my reference genome that has > 20 x reads mapped and spit it out as its own list of homologous genes?

    Or, does anyone have a different approach?

    Thanks in advance,
  • nupurgupta
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 29

    #2
    Did you figure this out please?

    Comment

    • roliwilhelm
      Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 38

      #3
      No! I have not yet figured this out, (mostly because this project is secondary to my main project), but if you or anyone else reading this thread have any input, I would be very appreciative!

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      13 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      37 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...