Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chariko
    Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 56

    #1

    Negative start position bed file

    I aligned two samples (bwa; filter with samtools, removed duplicates with picard-tools, bamtobed and bed to bedgraph with genomeCoverageBed) to a genome file consisting in 4 genes and the first sample went fine but the second one when getting the bed file the start position for one of the genes was -1. I wonder that is not correct but I do not know why did I obtain such negative value.

    Example:

    "Wrong bed file for gene1"
    gene1 -1 150 M00... 37 -
    gene1 -1 150 M01... 37 +
    gene2 1004 1115 M00... 60 -

    I realized that -1 values in special cases, however, BEDPE (bed paired end) positions may be set to -1 to indicate that one or more ends of a BEDPE feature is unaligned.



    but I do not understand if that´s my case and I really do not understand why did it align if it was unaligned....

    Any clues?

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
10 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...