No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browsing Cloonan et al RNA-seq data

Hi all,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to browse the Cloonan et al. (Nature Methods '08) RNAseq data from mouse ES/EB cells, preferably on UCSC Genome Browser?

For example, data from the Mortazavi paper is on the Wold lab website in "wiggle" format which I uploaded to UCSC genome browser with no problem. But the Cloonan paper data is in a strange (to me) format in the NCBI Short Read Archive (e.g. "ES.all.combined.positive.wig.rounded.condensed.4plus").

Does anyone know what to do with this file? The Short Read Archive doesn't seem to have any clear documentation on this....
    Thanks a lot!
    Matt

Cloonan et al

I have the same question! Did you find a solution in the meentime?
    Regards,
    Ines

Comment

Hi Ho,

The files in the short read archive are gzipped wiggle plots, and can be loaded into the UCSC genome browser just the same as any other wiggle plots. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
      Nicole.

Comment

Cloonan et al

Hi n.cloonan,
        And what about the files with raw data? I would like to compare my mappings with gene expression data.
        (sorry about the icon, it is not the one I wanted, I thought it was a question mark, I can't take it out...)
        Last edited by inesdesantiago; 06-24-2009, 02:31 PM. Reason: delete icon

Comment

Hi Ho,

Interestingly, I recieved an email yesterday from the SRA saying that they have just loaded the data, which confused me a little because it's been accessible under that accession number for a year now. It looks like they have converted all of the raw data to fastq format, and the wiggle plots and BED junctions are no longer available from the SRA.

Information on the fastq format is here:

URLs for the wiggle plots and BED tracks can be accessed from:

There is no need to download those files, although of course you can. You can simply paste the URL into the UCSC genome browser. I'll be making the aligned data available for download in the next few days, so if you're looking for this check back soon.

Cheers,
          Nicole.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
          0 responses