No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity assembler error !!

Hello all

I ran trinity for RNA Seq data but i am getting the following error.

Code:
    Error, cmd: /apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm --kmers meryl.kmers.min1.fa --run_inchworm -K 25 -L 48 --monitor 1  --DS  2>monitor.out > inchworm.K25.L48.DS.fa died with ret 256 at /share/apps/trinity/Trinity.pl line 571.

** The inchworm process failed.  Below is the tail end of the log file:

/data//Rnai/transcriptome/assembly/trinity/monitor.out

/share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm)
    /share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm)
    This is for 100 million reads.. when i did the subset and ran for 5 million and 10 million, this is running fine.. Also anything more than 10 million its giving the above error

Also if not this, what assembler could be my next choice? Abyss or Oases or any other transcriptome assemblers??

Hi

How much ram does your computer have? I had problems until I ran it on a server which has about 200 Gb of ram, but I didn't get this error message. I think the Trinity website says you need about 1 Gb of ram per 1 million reads.

My experience is that Trinity seems to do a better job than SOAPdenovo. I haven't tried Abyss or Oases, but people tell my Trinity is better

cheers,Saemi

Comment

i am currently running on a server node which has 256gb ram and 20 processors.

Comment

maybe try recompiling on the computer you're running it on? The errors are pointing towards library mismatch problems.

Comment

Hi, friend,

You may try my program: EBARDenovo for RNA-Seq.
          Download EBARDenovo for free. Highly-accurate de novo assembler of paired-end RNA-Seq. A highly-accurate search-based de novo assembler of paired-end RNA-Seq for advance transcriptomic study.

It's a 64-bits Windows command with .Net.
          You can run 100 million reads on a PC with minimal 16G RAM.
          It may take 10 minutes to build indexing information, and 4~6 hours to do assembly.

Remember to use the parameter -T (multithreading) to accelerate the assembly.

Frank H.T. Chu from Taiwan

Originally posted by empyrean View Post
          Hello all

I ran trinity for RNA Seq data but i am getting the following error.

Code:
          Error, cmd: /apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm --kmers meryl.kmers.min1.fa --run_inchworm -K 25 -L 48 --monitor 1  --DS  2>monitor.out > inchworm.K25.L48.DS.fa died with ret 256 at /share/apps/trinity/Trinity.pl line 571.

** The inchworm process failed.  Below is the tail end of the log file:

/data//Rnai/transcriptome/assembly/trinity/monitor.out

/share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm)
          /share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /share/apps/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Inchworm/bin/inchworm)
          This is for 100 million reads.. when i did the subset and ran for 5 million and 10 million, this is running fine.. Also anything more than 10 million its giving the above error

Also if not this, what assembler could be my next choice? Abyss or Oases or any other transcriptome assemblers??

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses