Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • martin_313
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 6

    #1

    cufflinks - building form source vs precompiled

    hello,

    I've been trying all day to build cufflinks from source and to be honest, its driving me nuts - the boost-libraries never seem to do what I want. I've now reached a point where I'd rather just let it be and use the precompiled binaries on the website. Since I'm working on 64-bit-system, there do not seem to be any obvious problems.
    I have tried the test data and it worked fine so far.

    However, I quite shake a nagging feeling - could the precompiled binaries cause problems later on since they are not properly adjusted to my system? Is there disadvantage to using them? Does anyone have any experiences with this?

    Thank you for your answers .

    martin
  • westerman
    Rick Westerman
    • Jun 2008
    • 1104

    #2
    I have not had problems using the precompiled binaries on RedHat 64-bit.

    Comment

    • jmartin127
      Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 15

      #3
      Precompiled executables have worked great for us on Linux 64-bit Debian 5 machines.

      Comment

      • peromhc
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 108

        #4
        Apparently, BOOST 1.48.0 (the current version) has a bug--- I had a similar problem (going mad trying to install source), and solved my problem with using a slightly older version.

        Comment

        • vyellapa
          Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 59

          #5
          Yes, Installing with Boost 1.47 works on CentOS or OSX

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          31 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          25 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...