Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dario1984
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 166

    #1

    ENCODE RNA-seq Quality

    Has anyone worked with ENCODE data much ? I'm just starting to visualise it, and there's some strange mappings going on. So many mismatches.

    I downloaded the BAM file. I did not do this mapping myself.

    The accession is wgEncodeEH000135. It's 75 base pair single end RNA-seq data of HepG2.
    Attached Files
  • droog_22
    Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 10

    #2
    Update IGV

    Hi,

    I once had many mismatches in another dataset which I aligned with novoalign. It was only later that I found out that novoalign introduces soft-clipped bases which my installed version of IGV could not display properly. I could easily fix this by installing the latest version of the software.

    You can give it a try, maybe the mismatches you see in IGV are just a visualisation problem.

    Cheers

    Comment

    • davisc
      Member
      • Oct 2008
      • 14

      #3
      I would point you to more recent ENCODE RNA-Seq data. There were issues in the "beginning" with Illumina sequencing reagents leading to high error rates. That dataset may have been from that time. It's gotten much, much better.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      11 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      34 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...