Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vallejov
    Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 10

    #1

    Problem with FastXtool kit

    I'm a complete newbie to bioinformatics and have just started analyzing my RNA-seq data (illumina HiSeq2000 100 bp reads) and have hit a snag. I'm trying to run the fastx_quality_stats and I keep getting this error message:

    fastx_quality_stats: failed to open input file '/home/vallejov/stevia_R1.fastq': Value too large for defined data type

    I get the same message if I try to run fastx_trimmer. Does this mean that my file is too large? my file is 48G. Do I need to parse it? If I parse it, when do I need to merge the output files again?

    Veronica
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    Did you compile the fastx toolkit yourself or get the pre-compiled binaries?

    It is possible that you are either using a 32-bit operating system or you downloaded the 32-bit fastx toolkit binaries and thus running into the error above.

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    13 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    37 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...