Hi Susma, that would be very helpful, look forward to your answers.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Hi again,
I checked my journal. It was rRNA contamination and I realized that the rRNA depletion kit using was not so efficient. I switched to Ribo-Zero kit and I got nice depletion afterwards and nice libraries.
If you want to make sure that you have the same problem or not, just run your RNA input on bioanalyzer. Then if you see the rRNA peaks (even small), it shows that you have the same problem.
Be careful that you are not overloading RNA when you are using Ribo-Zero kit for depletion. Otherwise, you will see the same spikes in your library traces.
I hope you get over this
Susma
Comment
-
Many thanks for the information Susma, we were using old Turbo DNAse and RiboZero kits, so this may have resulted in less rRNA depletion, or maybe all DNA was not removed which can result in poor RiboZero performance. Anyway, good to know and we will check on Bioanalyzer for rRNA contamination.
Bruce.
Comment
-
Just FYI: My bioanalyzer traces looked exactly like this using the same kit. I ran the libraries on a gel and it pretty much replicated the bioanalyzer. Then I took two uL of each library and boiled it in 6uL FA dye to denature the sample and ran in on a 2% TBE gel. The upper bands disappeared and I got a nice smear from ~200-~600 bp. Maybe those spikes are the adaptor annealing products? (I did 14 cycles PCR and started with ~100ng RNA).
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
43 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
41 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment