Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pruexel
    Junior Member
    • May 2013
    • 4

    #1

    CuffDiff on different data type

    Hello,
    I'm working on some RNA-seq data using TopHat/Cufflinks tools.
    I need to compare a tissue (3 replicates for each of the 4 time points, paired end) with two other tissues (2 samples, single end, only one time point), is it possible to use CuffDiff?!
    I try to run it, but the differential splicing between the first tissue and the second (for example, "day0 tissue1" vs "sample1 tissue2" or "day0 tissue1" vs "sample2 tissue2") doesn't work, but I see a different splicing in expression bar plot in some genes.

    Thank you very much.
  • sqcrft
    Member
    • May 2012
    • 29

    #2
    please share your code and what did you mean by "doesn't work"?

    Comment

    • Pruexel
      Junior Member
      • May 2013
      • 4

      #3
      cuffdiff -o /CDout -b /Mus_musculus_UCSC_mm9/Mus_musculus/UCSC/mm9/Sequence/Bowtie2Index/genome.fa -p 30 -u /merged_asm/merged.gtf -L day0,day3,day6,day12,BH1,BH2 /dayo_R1/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day0_R2/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day0_R3/thout/accepted_hits.bam /day3_R1/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day3_R2/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day3_R3/thout/accepted_hits.bam /day6_R1/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day6_R2/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day6_R3/thout/accepted_hits.bam /day12_R1/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day12_R2/thout/accepted_hits.bam,/day12_R3/thout/accepted_hits.bam /tissue2_Sample1/thout/accepted_hits.bam /tissue2_Sample2/thout/accepted_hits.bam
      This is the code of CuffDiff, from day0 to day 12 are data from a tissue and at the end there are two sample from a different tissue.
      My problem is that I need the different splicing between the tissues (but in tissue 1 must remain the time points) but the test fails (I check the splicing.diff file) when it calculates the JS distance between tissue 1 in a time points and each sample of tissue 2.
      Another thing: I can see the different splicing in expression bar plot when I consider some genes with more than one isoforms.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      11 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      34 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...