Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mix samples for RNA-seq

Hello,I have about 100 samples to be RNA-seq in order to find some special RNAs. I want to mix all of them together and only seq at a time. Does it necessary to seq every sample separately? Any suggestion? Is there any example of mix-samples for RNA-seq?

My samples are from human tissues of disease. A friend just told me that human samples can not be mixed for sequencing, but plants,animals or microbes can be mixed for sequencing. Does it right ?
    Last edited by asonlopin; 12-27-2013, 05:53 PM.

Do you have 100 samples that you'd like to pool together to make 1 library, or do you plan on making 100 libraries and then pooling those for sequencing? If it's the former, then your samples will need to be different enough to separate their sequences (or maybe you're looking at a targeted region). If making 100 libraries, then this isn't a problem, you just have to barcode each one before pooling them. I think your friend may be referring to the coverage requirements for human are higher than smaller genomes. You can calculate your coverage and see packages that meet those requirements using this page:
    Find and order next-generation sequencing services based on your project specifications. Receive instant quotes with guaranteed quality and turnaround time.

- Genohub

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
      by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
      05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
    • seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 02:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM
    0 responses