Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Parashar
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 5

    #1

    Volcano Plot showing weird scatter

    Hi,

    I have recently started with some RNA-seq analysis.
    I used tuxedo suite for the analysis.

    When I make a volcano plot using cummeRbund, I get weird alignment of my data-points parallel to X axis. Also the distribution of data-points is quite discrete and doesn't look to be continuous at higher -log p values.

    I have attached a picture for reference.
    http://seqanswers.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1394185690

    Thanks
    Attached Files
  • TiborNagy
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 329

    #2
    Any other quality checking plots show some irregularities, or just this volcano plot?

    Comment

    • Parashar
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2014
      • 5

      #3
      Hi TiborNagy

      None of other plots like. CV2 plots, FPKM boxplots, scatter plots seem inconsistent. The anomaly between the QC steps conducted in the analysis of a different sample set and the current sample set lies only in Volcano plots.

      Comment

      • TiborNagy
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 329

        #4
        I guess somewhere in your pipeline there is a round/trunc step.

        Comment

        • Zapages
          Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 98

          #5
          Something like this happened with me. I had to go back to the cufflinks stage.

          Please check all your cufflinks expression values for each individual steps. What this indicates is that one or more of samples is placed in the wrong group when you've have done cuffdiff. As some gtf files have mistakenly switched up.

          Please try to do cuffmerge again with the correct order of the gtf files. Then run Cuffdiff again.

          I hope this helps.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          13 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          36 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...