Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to keep the group in the loop, there ended up being two problems. The error message posted here was due to an apparent typo in one of the count files. Fixing that solved that problem. There was an additional issue due to a header line having been added (I don't know if this was done by htseq-count or not, I should have asked). Removing that allowed for the creation of a proper DESeqDataSet object.

Comment

thank you Devon. good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by pm2012 View Post
        Thanks a lot for help. It was indeed a problem with my count files. I didn't realize I had to redirect the output of HTseq into a different file. I was using file generated with -o option as an input.
        I reran the script & was able to generate the correct file (also filtered the last few lines starting with __). The rest of code seems to be working well now.
        I also got rid of last colum in sampleTable. It was just one of the many things I was trying to solve my issue.
        Hello pm2012,
        I am having the same problem that you had back then.
        I also just used the file produced by -o option and got the same error message.
        How exactly did you redirect your output file to make it compatible with DESeq2?
        Thanks
        Last edited by antoshka; 05-09-2016, 07:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

DESeqDataSet creation error

Hi, I'm a new to learning DESeq,

I am having a similar problem that has been talked about here. This is the error:
          Code:
          Error in Ops.factor(a$V1, l[[1]]$V1) : 
            level sets of factors are different
          In addition: Warning message:
          In is.na(e1) | is.na(e2) :
            longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length
          This is the script I am using:
          Code:
          library("DESeq2")

files = c("merged_sample_2.bam_htseq_out.txt","merged_sample_11.bam_htseq_out.txt","merged_sample_20.bam_htseq_out.txt","merged_sample_3.bam_htseq_out.txt","merged_sample_12.bam_htseq_out.txt","merged_sample_21.bam_htseq_out.txt")

cond = c("GFP","GFP","GFP","DBM","DBM","DBM")

sTable = data.frame(sampleName = files, fileName = files, condition = cond)

dds <-DESeqDataSetFromHTSeqCount(sampleTable=sTable, directory = "/Volumes/cachannel/RNA_SEQ/Notch_RNASeq/in_silico_test/DESeq", design = ~condition)
          I also tried running this code from the command line as mentioned above:
          Code:
          cut -f merged_sample_2.bam_htseq_out.txt | sort | uniq -c
          But got this error:
          Code:
          cut: [-cf] list: illegal list value
          Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
          Last edited by ronaldrcutler; 05-09-2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I think the error you describe may be due to mismatch between the count tables that you provided (e.g. different number of rows, non-unique rows, typos).
            How did you generate your input files? How do your count txt files look?

Comment

The input files were generated using HT-Seq with this specific command line argument:
              Code:
              htseq-count -f bam -s reverse -i Name -o {0}_htseq_out.txt {1} /Volumes/cachannel/RNA_SEQ/Notch_RNASeq/9.1_Reference_Files/XENLA_UTAmayball_cdna_longest_CHRS2.gff3'.format(files, files)
              The txt file look weird compared to some of my colleagues previous runs. Mine is around 600mb and looks some thing like:
              Code:
              	XF:Z:__alignment_not_unique
              	XF:Z:__no_feature
              While theirs is around 3 mb and looks like (what I know I should be getting):
              Code:
              AAGAB|c.Audic201207_X025945|JGIv7b.000058049_4975593-4992662-__chr3L	27
              AAGAB|c.Park201106_X000169|JGIv7a.000035880_844976-861439-__chr3L	0
              AAGAB|c.Taira201203egg_X008072|NIGv2.S00000107_247362-264101-__chr3L	0
              AAGAB|c.Ueno201210kidney_X002041|NIGv2.S00001669_498925-515626-__chr3L	0
              AAGAB|c.UniGene_Xl_S20337254|JGIv7b.000036401_3602075-3619253+__chr3S	424
              This leads me to believe it may be more of a problem with HT-Seq...

Comment

Hi, I think you are having the same problem that I originally had when I started using htseq-count: namely using the wrong input to run DESeq.
                htseq-count writes the count table directly into STDOUT, while the "-o" option creates an additional sam file, which in most cases you won't need.
                If you want htseq-count to write a separate text file for your counts, you can use "> yourfilename.txt".
                So you should change "-o" to ">" in your script.
                Let me know if it worked.

Comment

Good news, I tried it and started getting the right output files! Will let you know if anything else comes up when running DESeq.

Comment

I am receiving the same error message when attempting to create my dds from HTSeqCounts: Error in Ops.factor(a$V1, l[[1]]$V1) :
                    level sets of factors are different.

However, I am absolutely sure the first column of features of my htseq-count files are identical and I have deleted any headers. My count files are identical in format to other former lab members who have run successful DESeq and they are all the same length. I am at a loss for why I would still receive this error!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses