No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• separating indexed and nonindex sequences

Hello,

I have paired end Illumina sequences s_1_1_sequnece.txt and s_1_2_sequence.txt. These sequence files included indexed and nonindexed reads. When I tried to separate the sequence file one by one, I found the numbers of sequences in indexed and nonindexed files for one of the pair are different from the numbers for the other of the pair. So I need scripts to open the two files and check the pattern matching the reads in both files and pick them out from both files.

My scripts to open to files got memory problem.I am not good at perl. I am wondering who has any easy or efficiency way to separate the indexed and nonindexed sequences for both of paired sequence files together?

Any suggestions or comments are absolutely appreciated.

Lisa

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses