Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • michelletran
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2015
    • 2

    #1

    Reference annotation file (gtf) for the NOD/ShiltJ mouse?

    Hi,

    I am in desperately looking for a reference annotation file (gtf) for the NOD/ShiltJ mouse so that I may run Cuffmerge.

    I cannot find one in gtf format. Help would be very, very, very much appreciated!

    Thanks,

    Michelle
  • dpryan
    Devon Ryan
    • Jul 2011
    • 3478

    #2
    Did you align against the de novo assembled genome? I don't think there are annotations for those.

    Comment

    • michelletran
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2015
      • 2

      #3
      How would I go about doing RNA-seq processing using Galaxy? How can I get any idea about the names of genes without an annotation file?

      Comment

      • dpryan
        Devon Ryan
        • Jul 2011
        • 3478

        #4
        How you go about things depends entirely on the circumstances and goals.

        I suppose you could blast things. If you really want to not use the standard mouse reference, then it would be much easier to use something like modmap with the VCF file for that species to create more or less appropriate GTF and fasta files and then use those with cufflinks/cuffdiff/cuffmerge.

        I haven't a clue if that's possible in Galaxy, I've never looked.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        45 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...