No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cufflinks executables not working

Hi,

I hoping someone might be able to help me get cufflinks working on our system. I have cufflinks v0.8.1 working (using the provided executables) but every version released since then all three executables (64bit) have just crashed with a floating point exception when I tried to call them.

Our system's kernel is Linux 2.6.16.60-0.21-smp x86_64.

To try to get around this, I've tried to build a version on our system using the provided sources. I've installed the boost libraries and during the configuration everything goes fine until it gets to the check for bamlib, which it says is not installed. Thats no problem, except I can't find it anywhere to install, the error refers me to a site: http://randspringer.de/bam which doesn;t exist anymore.

After hours searching I hadto give up, but the version of cufflinks I have running is crashing on a large dataset I'm trying to run, so its becoming urgent that I update.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for either getting the executables working on my system (I'm not sure that's possible), or point me to where I can find these Bam libraries so I can build the executables myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attach the "./configure" output for reference, maybe its just that I'm doing something stupid.

Thanks,

Chris.

cufflinks-0.8.4> ./configure
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
    checking whether build environment is sane... yes
    checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
    checking for gawk... gawk
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
    checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
    checking for g++... g++
    checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
    checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
    checking whether we are cross compiling... no
    checking for suffix of executables...
    checking for suffix of object files... o
    checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
    checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
    checking for style of include used by make... GNU
    checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
    checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
    checking for ranlib... ranlib
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
    checking for boostlib >= 1.38.0... yes
    checking for bamlib... configure: error: We could not detect the bam libraries (version or higher). If you have a staged bam library (still not installed) please specify $BAM_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-bam option. If you are sure you have bam installed, then check your version number looking in <bam/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/bam for more documentation.

I face this problem too. Waiting for answer.

Comment

I've hit this too. I am trying it with the flag "--without-bam". Will update if I get it to compile and run.
      Last edited by scozza; 10-04-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Nope not the solution. I then thought perhaps it was the C++ API BamTools but that doesn't seem right either.

Comment

The instructions on this page should do the trick:

Comment

Thanks. I'm relying on Google too much these days!

Comment

I Finally got this to compile using the instructions released with the new version of cufflinks (linked above). But even though I get an executable that starts properly, I now get a core dump when I run it. In case this is due to the changes in the SAM headers required for this version of cufflinks, I've installed the new version of tophat ro re-run my alignments etc..

However....

Now Tophat is not working properly, it is exiting with an error that is described in this thread:
              http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7118

This is getting very frustrating

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses