Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bsigurjonsson
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 2

    #1

    short Open Reading Frames (sORFs)

    Hey folks,

    I am working the RNAseq data from HNSC cancer (downloaded from TCGA). I'm analysing the so called short open reading frames (sORF) which are not part of the annotated human transcriptome.

    I start by mapping the reads to the known transcript reference and discard all reads that get successfully mapped. Then I take the resulting unmapped reads and map to the genome, but from there on I have a hard time because they get mapped all around and I don't know how to proceed. If I could, I would rather want to map the reads to specific regions that are the short ORFs.
    So the question is, do you know if I can get my hands on some data that identifies those regions ? like a BED file or something.

    From the literature I have seen researchers performing proteogenomics, where they map MS spectra to a custom database containing those regions only and not the annotated transcriptome, but they don't provide the data.

    Also, I am not only talking about regions (sORFs) that have been confirmed to be protein coding, but just if they have the theoretical potential (e.g. minimum bases of 6 - a start and a stop codon, alternative start codons etc).

    Thanks in advance!

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
14 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...