No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cufflinks output - Next wat?

Hi everyone,

I have run Cufflinks on the RNA-Seq Illumina data and it has produced .gtf file in the end.

I am visualising the gtf and sam file on the visualisation tools, but now i need to know what is the gene, it is matching to? How will i get that? Is there a tool available for this or do i need to code for it? For example, if have the regions listed thru cufflinks, shud i find a way to BLAST the result to get the names of the genes i have finally got or is there some other way?

Waiitng for a reply soon,

Thanks!

Strange case - new to cufflinks!

Also, I want to know what if the cufflinks has produced a exon aligning to the reference genome if viewed on a visualizer, donot show any reads aligning in that region, then shoould I consider that gene as my candidate gene or simply take it as a gene?

Waiting for your reply,
    Ritzriya..

Comment

What you do next depends on what you want to know. I suggest reading the manual, specifically, the parts about cuffcompare and cuffdiff, but without knowing what the goal of your analysis is, it's hard to tell what you should do with the gtf files.

Also, I want to know what if the cufflinks has produced a exon aligning to the reference genome if viewed on a visualizer, donot show any reads aligning in that region, then shoould I consider that gene as my candidate gene or simply take it as a gene?
      What kind of track are you looking at?

Comment

Hi GKM,

My goal of analyzing gtf files will be to be find novel genes in a species where it is aligned to a known nearby species. So if i see that a known gene in the other species is getting aligned by the reads produced by sequencing my species and is covering the entire portions of exons, then I would call it a gene found in my organism.

Henceforth, i require as to which gene do my reads are actually getting mapped to? I hope you got my point.

Comment

The reads aren't mapped to any gene though, TopHat maps to the genome.

If I understand you properly, you have two species, one annotated and one now, and you want to assemble transcripts from the latter based on RNA-Seq data and look for those that have high homology to the annotated transcripts in the other former. Then you want to take the sequence of those transcripts (you will have to assemble them on your own, I don't think cufflinks has that option right now) and BLAST them against the transcriptome of the other species. You may want to do some prevalence filtering before that though to discard the obvious garbage and to speed up things.

Comment

How will i get the transcriptome of the other known species, if i need to BLAST against them?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses