Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • middlemale
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 16

    #1

    Myrna new reference jar

    I am trying to analyse rna-seq data with new Myrna tool locally, which mainly aims to compare the expression differences between control and treated samples.

    The question is my species is Danio rerio and I cannot figure out how to produce reference Jar file. 'Building a reference jar using automatic scripts' in that manual sounds exclude Danio rerio.

    has anyone successfully built up new reference jar file? many thanks.
  • andrea_manica@virgilio.it
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 1

    #2
    same troubles...

    Hi All,
    I have the same problem, I need to build a custom reference jar for my organism that it is not listed in ensembl database. Do you have any idea how to do it? any manual around that can explain me how to make a working ivals directory with my custom genome? I tried analyzing all the files in a downloaded yeast jar file, and make new files with my organism annotation but without success so far.. any help would be really appreciated!
    Thanks
    Andrea

    Comment

    • Gus
      Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 29

      #3
      I have been trying to modify the Ensembl.pl/Ensembl.R scripts to allow creation of jars (or at least the full "ivals" directory) for arbitrary genomes but continue to run in to problems based partially on the original scripts' assumptions (every genome will have at least one exon labeled as "constitutive" and others) and random problems due to me being a python/perl guy and not too familiar with doing more than ANOVAs and the like with the R language.

      I have gotten all of the ival data to be written except for the gene-footprint directories (ui,un,un_const).

      These are always empty which causes the perl script to choke and of course renders myrna completely useless.

      I am "THIS" close to writing this from scratch in python with pyCogent to access the Ensembl data but I can't actually find a precise description of the correct content and structure of the footprint directories/files anywhere on the myrna website.

      Can ANYONE help with this?
      In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.
      --Stephen Jay Gould

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...