Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rthapa
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2018
    • 1

    #1

    transcript count after string tie merge

    Hi, I am trying to get transcript count with stringtie merge command. I have set of gtf output, when I checked the transcript count of individual gtf files, I got some values of transcript count but when I used strigtie merge command to merge all the stringtie files, I got merged output file but the transcript count are all 0 for all the transcripts. I used the following command lines:

    stringtie --merge -p 8 -o stringtie_mergedA.gtf stringtieoutputgtf.txt

    where stringtieoutputgtf.txt looks like:
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieS1Routput.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieS2Routput.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieS3Routput.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieS4Routput.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieS5Routput.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieoutputS6R.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieoutputS7R.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieoutputS8R.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieoutputS9R.gtf
    /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtieoutputS10R.gtf

    python prepDE.py -i sample1.txt

    sample1.txt looks like stringtie_mergedA.gtf /scratch/user/rthapa/RNA-seq/stringtie_mergedA.gtf

    Could you suggest me what could be the problem here?
  • sdriscoll
    I like code
    • Sep 2009
    • 436

    #2
    I'm interpreting your meaning of "transcript counts" to be the expression levels of transcripts. You're correct that those do appear in the individual assemblies however after merging, since the assembly changes, those values are dropped since you built a single annotation from several samples - you cannot also summarize the expression of those transcripts from all samples into a single annotation that may not exactly match any of them.

    If I'm not mistaken you need to take the final merged GTF and then re-run stringtie with quantification only mode (using -e). You'd specify your merged GTF with -G. That should give you expression values for your merged assembly.
    /* Shawn Driscoll, Gene Expression Laboratory, Pfaff
    Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA */

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Yesterday, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    7 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    31 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    26 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    47 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...