Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dena.dinesh
    Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 58

    #16
    I am already in the directory where I stored all the files and then exceuted fasq-dump..is it right?

    Comment

    • GenoMax
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 7142

      #17
      Originally posted by dena.dinesh View Post
      I am already in the directory where I stored all the files and then exceuted fasq-dump..is it right?
      I know it does not make sense to provide the full path, but that seems to work in many cases. Like the example I tried from your dataset above (even though I was in the directory where the file was located).
      Last edited by GenoMax; 11-06-2014, 05:28 AM.

      Comment

      • fkrueger
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 627

        #18
        We have also experienced these problems, and as a result always use a relative path to the file if we are in the directory already:

        Code:
        $ fastq-dump ./SRR1266967.sra

        Comment

        • dena.dinesh
          Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 58

          #19
          I tried giving relative path. then also the same error..how can i rectify it.
          Last edited by dena.dinesh; 11-06-2014, 07:05 AM.

          Comment

          • dena.dinesh
            Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 58

            #20
            Dear Kruger,

            Did it ran well for you? When I ran fastq-dump ./SRR1266967.sra, it failed immeditely where as for other files it ran for 3 seconds and throwed this error.
            Last edited by dena.dinesh; 11-06-2014, 07:05 AM.

            Comment

            • fkrueger
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 627

              #21
              I just tested it, and it actually works well with or without prepending './'. I am using fastq-dump version 2.3.5 by the way.

              Comment

              • GenoMax
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2008
                • 7142

                #22
                I used sra-toolkit v.2.3.2.

                Comment

                • dena.dinesh
                  Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • 58

                  #23
                  Hi

                  I am using fastqdump 2.1.7. I downloaded the sratoolkit.2.4.2-ubuntu64 and later installed it suing sudo agt-get command. Inside the bin folder of sratoolkit.2.4.2 I am able find following version fastq-dump version:

                  fastq-dump.2.4.2; fastq-dump; fastq-dump.2

                  But I am not able to run the fastq-dump.2.4.2. Not only this file but also all other files of version 2.4.2 were higlighted in green color and I am not able to run those highlighted in green color.

                  Please guide me.

                  Comment

                  • Richard Finney
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 701

                    #24
                    This is why you don't need to re-invent sftp and gzip.

                    Just ... don't ... do it.

                    Comment

                    • GenoMax
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 7142

                      #25
                      Originally posted by dena.dinesh View Post
                      Hi

                      I am using fastqdump 2.1.7. I downloaded the sratoolkit.2.4.2-ubuntu64 and later installed it suing sudo agt-get command. Inside the bin folder of sratoolkit.2.4.2 I am able find following version fastq-dump version:

                      fastq-dump.2.4.2; fastq-dump; fastq-dump.2

                      But I am not able to run the fastq-dump.2.4.2. Not only this file but also all other files of version 2.4.2 were higlighted in green color and I am not able to run those highlighted in green color.

                      Please guide me.
                      Do the following to make that fastq-dump executable in the bin folder of sratoolkit-2.4.2:

                      Code:
                      $ chmod u+x fastq-dump*
                      Hopefully this is the only version on your machine now. Just to be safe provide the full path to this new file when you try to run it and see if it works.

                      Comment

                      • piet
                        Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • 21

                        #26
                        Originally posted by dena.dinesh View Post
                        When I ran fastq-dump ./SRR1266967.sra, it failed immeditely
                        For curiosity I have also tried SRR1266967.sra and I could convert to fastq successfully. But notably, download of the the SRA file (about 430 Mb) was very slow and took about 30 minutes. Maybe you have downloaded the SRA file only partially?

                        Code:
                        wget ftp://ftp-trace.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra/sra-instant/reads/ByRun/sra/SRR/SRR126/SRR1266967/SRR1266967.sra
                        md5sum SRR1266967.sra
                          01c653175917848a60ad01f700793a49  SRR1266967.sra
                        fastq-dump -F SRR1266967.sra
                        grep ^@ SRR1266967.fastq | wc
                          16557954 16557954 521453404
                        As expected I got 16557954 reads.

                        Comment

                        • hdashnow
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 3

                          #27
                          I had a similar error message. The problem in my case was that the temporary download directory was full. I resolved it by changing the download directory using vdb-config -i.

                          From: http://trace.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces..._doc&f=std#s-3

                          The default location for the "download repository" is:

                          Linux: /home/[user_name]/ncbi/public
                          Mac OS X: /Users/[user_name]/ncbi/public
                          Windows: C:\Users\[user_name]\ncbi\public

                          Here's hoping for some more helpful error messages in the next release!

                          Comment

                          Latest Articles

                          Collapse

                          • SEQadmin2
                            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                            by SEQadmin2


                            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                            ...
                            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                          • SEQadmin2
                            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                            by SEQadmin2




                            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                          ad_right_rmr

                          Collapse

                          News

                          Collapse

                          Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                          0 responses
                          5 views
                          0 reactions
                          Last Post SEQadmin2  
                          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                          0 responses
                          31 views
                          0 reactions
                          Last Post SEQadmin2  
                          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                          0 responses
                          26 views
                          0 reactions
                          Last Post SEQadmin2  
                          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                          1 response
                          46 views
                          0 reactions
                          Last Post pekgio
                          by pekgio
                           
                          Working...