Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vebaev
    Senior Res.
    • Oct 2008
    • 112

    #1

    compare expression? cuffcompare or cuffdiff

    Hi All,
    this forum is quite usefull for me I hope it will be in the future also

    In general I have gtf files from 3 samples - wildtype and 2 more stressed (WT, A, B)) outputs from cufflinks.
    I want to know stuff as how is one assembled sequence/gene difference expression trought these 3 points. Ans also top 100 altered genes from WT to A and from A to B etc

    Can you suggest me what to use cuffcompare or cuffdiff?

    PS - the organism genome is not sequenced!

    thanks!
    ------------
    SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg
  • vebaev
    Senior Res.
    • Oct 2008
    • 112

    #2
    anybody
    ------------
    SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg

    Comment

    • vebaev
      Senior Res.
      • Oct 2008
      • 112

      #3
      As I read more and more I figured out that I have to make the union file from my 3 samples giving the tree transcripts.GTF to Cuffcompare.

      As I understood the cuffdiff takes the union GTF + Sam files (which comes from tophat alignments to ref.genome)

      But what about the organism is not sequenced? there is no regerence genome...so how to run cuffdiff without sam-s.
      Should I relay only to this union file from cuffcompare for the 3 sample compareson and forget cuffdiff?
      ------------
      SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg

      Comment

      • kmcarr
        Senior Member
        • May 2008
        • 1181

        #4
        vebaev,

        You say that you ran cufflinks to produce GTF files; the input to cufflinks is a SAM file produced by TopHat. This is the SAM file you would also use as input to cuffdiff. How could you have run cufflinks if you did not align your reads to something and produce a SAM file as a result?

        Comment

        • vebaev
          Senior Res.
          • Oct 2008
          • 112

          #5
          thaks for reply,
          the gtf was provided to me, and as I understood I have some BAM files with alignments, can I use them?
          ------------
          SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg

          Comment

          • kmcarr
            Senior Member
            • May 2008
            • 1181

            #6
            Originally posted by vebaev View Post
            thaks for reply,
            the gtf was provided to me, and as I understood I have some BAM files with alignments, can I use them?
            BAM is the binary format of SAM. I don't recall at the moment if cuffdiff will accept a BAM file as input or if it must be in the SAM text format. If a SAM file is required you can easily generate a SAM version of a BAM file using the samtools command:

            Code:
            % samtools view -h -o <myOutPut.sam> <myInPut.bam>
            Now as to whether or not you can use these files as input to cuffcompare and cuffdiff, I'm not sure. How were these files generated? I'm curious what the reads were aligned to to generate the BAM file if there is no reference genome as you say. Were the GTF files actually produced using the by cufflinks using the corresponding BAM files? If these things check out then you may be able to proceed with cuffcompare and cuffdiff.

            Comment

            • vebaev
              Senior Res.
              • Oct 2008
              • 112

              #7
              Thanks for the sam conversion idea.
              I do not know where is coming from this BAM since it is made by company of my coleague maybe not with tophat. But afterwords it was used cufflinks for all there gtf-s
              ------------
              SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
              0 responses
              8 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              31 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              27 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              47 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...