Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ssully
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 48

    #1

    visualizing RNAseq mapping to reference

    I'm using Geneious (for Windows), which has two RNA Seq mappers (Geneious RNA Mapper, and BBmap). I'm looking for introns in a set of individual gene sequences. Mapping results in Geneious are displayed in several ways, including a coverage track that shows introns plainly. However, there's no way to export this image. I can export output to SAM/BAM files, however. So, what vizualization tool can I use to produce an exportable graph that plots coverage vs nt position?


    EDIT: I found that Geneious allows exporting coverage data as .csv or .wig, so I'm good. But I'd still like to know how to generate plots or .csv files automatically for dozens of genes at once.
    Last edited by ssully; 03-04-2019, 03:52 PM.
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    You can use Integrated Genome Viewer (Broad Institute) to do batch analyses/exports of images. Details are included here.

    IGV-snapshot-automator is another thing you may be interested in.

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    13 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    37 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...