No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissociation analysis for RNAseq library

Dear all,

I've been using qPCR assay with dissociation analysis to check primer dimers or other undesired fragments. I found bird-nesting peak (red plot) at higher temperature and am wondering what this peak means. (c.f. one single peak in the red plot is the one we expected as library)

Attached Files
    Last edited by sehrrot; 08-25-2011, 03:14 PM.

Originally posted by sehrrot View Post
    Dear all,

I've been using qPCR assay with dissociation analysis to check primer dimers or other undesired fragments. I found bird-nesting peak (red plot) at higher temperature
    I don't understand. The red peak overlaps the lower temp green peak. When you say "higher temperature" in this context, what do you mean?
    Originally posted by sehrrot View Post
    and am wondering what this peak means. (c.f. green plot is the one we expected)
    I see a "shoulder" red peak at 84 oC. Is that what you are looking for?

I have not done much with melting curves. What temp would one expect >100 bp dsDNA to melt at? I would have thought <90 oC.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Dear Phillip

The peak around 79-80C indicates library. The one I am looking for is the peak (shoulder one) at 84C in the green peak. I just guess this is the fragment with high GC

Comment

Interesting. Do you have an example of one with a high amount of primer dimers?

--
        Phillip

Comment

This is the first RNAseq samples I got. Before qPCR, I found primer dimer peaks at the bioA plot so repeated beads purification using 0.7:1 ratio (beadsNA library). Then I got primer-dimer-free library and supposed that there would be a single peak in dissociation curve analysis. But there's shoulder peak....

Comment

So you think that the higher melting temp peak is the primer dimer?
            Can you use another assay to confirm? Like running an RNA Agilent chip on the library after strand denaturation? (95 oC for 2 minutes followed by snap cool on ice until the sample is loaded.) If you run the library strand-denatured, the short amplicons (primer dimers) won't be able to "hide" by annealing to longer library molecules.

--
            Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
              by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
              05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
            • seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 07:03 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
            0 responses