No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evenness of coverage in RNA-seq library prep

Hi all,

I need a low-bias library for high-resolution RNA footprinting, so that the footprint boundaries are clearly resolved. I am not talking about broad 3' or 5' bias, its rather "patchy" coverage that I'm trying to avoid.

So far I have read a few papers on this and the consensus seems to be that the ligations of single-stranded adapters to the RNA fragments using RNA ligases greatly distorts the library (both the 5' and 3' ligation reactions); while the polyadenylation approach followed by TnVN-primed RT, and cDNA circularization, is the best approach [1,2].

However, I have a library prep kit from ABI with a slightly different approach: apparently they hybridize ds adaptors with NNNN overhangs (a 3' NNNN overhang for the 5' adaptor and a 5' NNNN overhang for the 3' adaptor) and ligate with a "ligation enzyme mix". This is quite different I imagine, because it is more of a nick-repair reaction than a ssRNA ligation reaction (and I think that the adapters might be DNA not RNA). This technique was not analysed in these papers. Does anyone have some data on the evenness/patchyness of coverage with this library prep technique?

1 - Joshua Z Levin et. al. Nat Methods 2010
    2 - Anitha D. Jayaprakash et al. Nuc Acids Res 2011

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-06-2024, 07:17 AM
0 responses