Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kolamite
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 7

    #1

    Bioruptor - Poor Fragmentation Results

    Hey,

    I'm trying to perform a ChIP-seq experiment for a transcription factor using the Diagenode bioruptor.

    I'm getting very poor fragmentation at 30 minutes (3x10 cycles, high power, 30s on, 30s off). The Bioanalyzer reports that ~3% of my DNA is in the 200-600 BP size range.

    Other details:
    -Crosslinking 1% formaldahyde, 10 minutes @ RT
    -~200k cells per tube/200 ul volume
    -Decrosslinked before QC

    After reading a few threads here, I tried reducing my crosslinking time to 5 minutes and ran a timecourse of 10/20/30 minutes on the bioruptor. I ran the products on an agarose gel with similarly uninspiring results.

    The one thing I can see that I'm really doing against protocol is using standard polypropylene tubes instead of the TPX ones. I've ordered them, but someone in the lab has warned me that they help, but don't make a massive difference.

    Does anyone have other suggestions I can try?

    Edit: I also tested the Bioruptor with the foil test and got a good result, so I think the instrument is ok.

    Thanks,
    Attached Files
  • dalib
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 6

    #2
    Dear Kolamite,

    Chromatin shearing is very much dependent on the type of cell, the amount of cells, the final volume, the buffer composition and the type of plastic (TPX tubes improve efficiency but it is still important to optimize the other parameters).

    Diagenode has published a guide to chromatin shearing with the Bioruptor, which could be of use to optimize your experiment. You can download it from here: http://www.diagenode.com/media/docum...r_protocol.pdf
    For more specific assistance you can always contact our North American technical team ([email protected]).

    Daniel

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    11 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    34 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...