Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GenoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by alexGrenoble View Post
    Hi,

    I want to install htseq-count on a server (unix).
    Here http://www-huber.embl.de/users/ander...l.html#install
    they have for linux,mac and windows but not unix.

    Let me know if you have any idea.
    linux is a unix-like OS. So use the linux version.

    Leave a comment:


  • alexGrenoble
    replied
    Hi,

    I want to install htseq-count on a server (unix).
    Here http://www-huber.embl.de/users/ander...l.html#install
    they have for linux,mac and windows but not unix.

    Let me know if you have any idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    First of all: Please give complete information, when asking a question. It is not nice that I have to guess that your are using Linux and forgot to mention this although you can see that this thread is all about Mac OS. Which Linux distribution? Which Python? Is this your desktop PC or some centrally administered server?

    Your Python is using Intel's C compiler (icc) instead of the GNU C compiler (gcc), which is used by virtually all Linux distribution. This hence does not seem to be a standard Python installation. You will have to try again with a more standard setup or ask the person for help who had the qeustionable idea of deploying an icc-built Python.

    Leave a comment:


  • garima
    replied
    HTseq build error

    Hi,

    I am trying to install HTseq on our cluster(not root user) but it is giving me error while building.

    PHP Code:
    Could not import 'setuptools', falling back to 'distutils'.
    running build
    running build_py
    creating build
    creating build
    /lib.linux-x86_64-2.6
    creating build
    /lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq
    /__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq
    /_HTSeq_internal.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq
    /StepVector.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq
    /_version.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq
    creating build
    /lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq
    /scripts/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq
    /scripts/qa.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq
    /scripts/count.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq/scripts
    running build_ext
    building 
    'HTSeq._HTSeq' extension
    creating build
    /temp.linux-x86_64-2.6
    creating build
    /temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src
    icc 
    -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/data/gkushwah/xulab/garima/tools/numpy-1.7.1rc1/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/share/sw/python/current/include/python2.6 -c src/_HTSeq.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src/_HTSeq.o -w
    icc 
    -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src/_HTSeq.o -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq/_HTSeq.so
    building 
    'HTSeq._StepVector' extension
    icc 
    -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/share/sw/python/current/include/python2.6 -c src/StepVector_wrap.cxx -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src/StepVector_wrap.o -w
    icpc 
    -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src/StepVector_wrap.o src/step_vector.h -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/HTSeq/_StepVector.so
    ld
    : /tmp/icpc4Ax1zp.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
    /tmp/icpc4Ax1zp.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
    error: command 'icpc' failed with exit status 1 
    Any suggestion?

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    Please start over and follow the instructions. Especially, note that the instructions do not ask you to run 'clean' or 'build_it'.

    Leave a comment:


  • fatakias
    replied
    Continued from above post - after a clean up .. Additional details provided. Can someone please suggest a fix for HTSeq install. Thanks,
    Best,
    sarosh


    Code:
    sh-3.2# sh clean
    
    sh-3.2# python setup.py install
    running install
    running bdist_egg
    running egg_info
    writing HTSeq.egg-info/PKG-INFO
    writing top-level names to HTSeq.egg-info/top_level.txt
    writing dependency_links to HTSeq.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
    file HTSeq/StepVector.py (for module HTSeq.StepVector) not found
    reading manifest file 'HTSeq.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
    reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
    no previously-included directories found matching 'example_data'
    no previously-included directories found matching 'test'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching 'todo.txt'
    writing manifest file 'HTSeq.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
    installing library code to build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/egg
    running install_lib
    running build_py
    file HTSeq/StepVector.py (for module HTSeq.StepVector) not found
    creating build
    creating build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7
    creating build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq/__init__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq/_HTSeq_internal.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq/_version.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    creating build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq/scripts/__init__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq/scripts/qa.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq/scripts/count.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    file HTSeq/StepVector.py (for module HTSeq.StepVector) not found
    running build_ext
    building 'HTSeq._HTSeq' extension
    creating build/temp.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7
    creating build/temp.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/src
    gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy-1.7.0.dev_3cb783e_20120427-py2.7-macosx-10.7-x86_64.egg/numpy/core/include -I/usr/local/include/python2.7 -c src/_HTSeq.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/src/_HTSeq.o -w
    gcc: error: src/_HTSeq.c: No such file or directory
    gcc: fatal error: no input files
    compilation terminated.
    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

    Leave a comment:


  • fatakias
    replied
    Hello, now I get a different error message pertaining to gcc. I did manage to install numpy and scipy using a super_pack script for my 64 bin MacOS 10.6. Then tried to get HTSeq going ... compiler issues linger. Can you please suggest a fix. Thank you,
    Best,
    sarosh

    Code:
    sh-3.2# cd HTSeq-0.5.3p3
    sh-3.2# python setup.py install
    running install
    running bdist_egg
    running egg_info
    writing HTSeq.egg-info/PKG-INFO
    writing top-level names to HTSeq.egg-info/top_level.txt
    writing dependency_links to HTSeq.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
    reading manifest file 'HTSeq.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
    reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
    no previously-included directories found matching 'example_data'
    no previously-included directories found matching 'test'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching 'todo.txt'
    writing manifest file 'HTSeq.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
    installing library code to build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/egg
    running install_lib
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    building 'HTSeq._HTSeq' extension
    gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy-1.7.0.dev_3cb783e_20120427-py2.7-macosx-10.7-x86_64.egg/numpy/core/include -I/usr/local/include/python2.7 -c src/_HTSeq.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/src/_HTSeq.o -w
    gcc: error: src/_HTSeq.c: No such file or directory
    gcc: fatal error: no input files
    compilation terminated.
    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
    Last edited by fatakias; 05-01-2012, 06:08 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    You don't need setuptools, distutils works just fine. (This is what a "fallback" means.)

    Leave a comment:


  • yifangt
    replied
    HTSeq error with Ubuntu 11.10: [SOLVED]

    Just in case anyone met the same problem. First updated my python to python3.2, still not working. Should have paid attention on the instruction (>=2.5 PYTHON <3.0). After a couple of try found out my problem is related to setuptools and python 3.2.
    1) I had setuptools3 instead of setuptools. Decided to have both.
    After this, building from the source code went well, but met problem with
    Code:
    python setup.py install
    on line 12 of setup.py. Thought of the python version.
    2) symbolic link my python to /usr/bin/python2.7.2 instead of /usr/bin/python3.2. Worked!
    And when I came back also found new version was released in another post, which does not need setuptools.
    Good luck!

    Leave a comment:


  • yifangt
    replied
    HTSeq error with Ubuntu 11.10

    Hi Simon!
    I met similar problem when I tried to install HTSeq-0.5.3p3. Read the other posts on similar problem in this forum and google, not direct clear solution yet.
    Code:
    Could not import 'setuptools', falling back to 'distutils'.
    But the rest went fine. Modified the .bashrc file as suggested by ngsseq (which seems for Mac OS, but gave it shot just in case!) still did not work. My python version is 2.7.2+ Any news for this Bug? Thanks!
    Last edited by yifangt; 04-30-2012, 09:20 PM. Reason: small errors

    Leave a comment:


  • ngsseq
    replied
    Hi sarosh,

    I installed HTSeq on Lion a few days ago. I got the same error message. I searched around and found a solution below:

    on the command line,
    add “export CC=gcc" into ~/.bash_profile,
    then “source ~/.bash_profile".

    I wish it would help.

    Regards,
    ngsseq

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    You are not supposed to run './build_it'. Rather, install HTSeq as you would install any other Python package, by running 'python setup.py install'. And read the installation instructions, please.

    Leave a comment:


  • fatakias
    started a topic HTSeq install

    HTSeq install

    Dear HTSeq expert(s)

    I am installing HTSeq as root user on OS: Mac OS X (snow leopard).
    I downloaded the tarbal from



    Here is the output of the install and build command:

    Code:
    sh-3.2# ./clean
    sh-3.2# ./build_it
    swig -Wall -c++ -python StepVector.i 
    mv StepVector.py ../HTSeq
    cython HTSeq/_HTSeq.pyx -o _HTSeq.c
    make: cython: No such file or directory
    make: *** [_HTSeq.c] Error 1
    Could not import 'setuptools', falling back to 'distutils'.
    running build
    running build_py
    creating build
    creating build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7
    creating build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq/__init__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq/_HTSeq_internal.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq/StepVector.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    copying HTSeq/_version.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq
    creating build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq/scripts/__init__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq/scripts/qa.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    copying HTSeq/scripts/count.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/HTSeq/scripts
    running build_ext
    building 'HTSeq._HTSeq' extension
    creating build/temp.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7
    creating build/temp.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/src
    gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/usr/local/include/python2.7 -c src/_HTSeq.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.4-x86_64-2.7/src/_HTSeq.o -w
    gcc: error: src/_HTSeq.c: No such file or directory
    gcc: fatal error: no input files
    compilation terminated.
    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
    Can you please help sort the problem. What is "setuptools" seeking or how does one run that first.
    Thanks in advance
    Best,
    sarosh
    Last edited by fatakias; 04-06-2012, 06:29 AM. Reason: incomplete

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
22 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...