• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announce BWA on Windows x64

Dear all,

Now the source code is on https://github.com/xied75/bwa

The main site is still http://bow.codeplex.com/

You are welcome to test and give feedback.

Best,

Dong Xie

Looks like a feasible solution for the licensing problems with Codeplex...

Comment

BWA window

It is not instaling the tool unless there is somthing I am missing, Is there any stepwise documentation how to intsal.
      Thnaks.

Comment

Hi,

Please be specific, you mean you downloaded the .exe binary from codeplex? Or you mean you downloaded the whole source from github?

If from codeplex, that binary is ready to be run from cmd, (on x64 only)

If from github, I have a very short Readme.win about how you can compile everything into that binary, then you need to let me know which step gives you error.

Best,

dong

Comment

Good stuff! The binary works for me and glad to see the code.

Comment

To avoid creating a new thread, here just to say my version of multi-threaded SAMPE is up for download on codeplex (binary), code is on a branch https://github.com/xied75/bwa/tree/mt-sampe.

Code wise, might not be a good idea to use github to compare the difference, since my Visual Studio suggested me many times to unify tabs/spaces so the real change are hard to see. If compared to my own master branch:
            1, 9 changes at bwape.c
            2, 1 change at bwtaln.h
            3, a new bwape-mt.c
            4, 2 more win32 util files.

Best,

dong

Comment

This is a fantastic tool, but the newest algorithm (BWA-MEM) is not available in this version. If anybody knows of either an .exe binary version of BWA or source code I can download and compile on Windows x64, I would really appreciate it.

Comment

This thread is pretty old and the discussion was discontinued ages ago. I suggest you get in contact with the developer of BWA.

Comment

Since this thread was started, a 64-bit version of Cygwin ( http://www.cygwin.com/ ) has been released. It can certainly build bwa from the latest source at http://bio-bwa.sourceforge.net/ but I haven't tested the binary beyond checking that it runs.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses