Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • liviu
    Junior Member
    • May 2012
    • 1

    #1

    AllPaths-LG error

    I run ALLPATH-LG for staph.tar.gz, .prepare.sh went fine but ./assemble.sh retuned

    Unable to find optional long jumping reads (>20kb) for scaffolding.
    Unable to find optional long reads for patching. [These are optional, I don't think this is the main issue]

    I'm a newbie. Did I pick the wrong data?
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by liviu; 05-31-2012, 07:23 AM.
  • seb567
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 260

    #2
    Is there a configuration file. And if yes, does it refer to this 20 kb library ?

    Comment

    • Ole
      Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 17

      #3
      Is this the data from GAGE (http://gage.cbcb.umd.edu/data/index.html)? There is no 20 kb library for that, and as you can see, it's optional anyway.

      What kind of scripts are you using? Where are they from? If assemble.sh didn't work, the reason is something else than that error message you posted.

      Comment

      • rdlady
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 4

        #4
        Originally posted by liviu View Post
        I run ALLPATH-LG for staph.tar.gz, .prepare.sh went fine but ./assemble.sh retuned

        Unable to find optional long jumping reads (>20kb) for scaffolding.
        Unable to find optional long reads for patching. [These are optional, I don't think this is the main issue]

        I'm a newbie. Did I pick the wrong data?
        Thanks!!
        I Have the same problem when I run ALLPATH-LG. I'm trying to assemble PacBio sequences and when I run the script PrepareAllPathsInputs.pl it reports these warnings and errors:



        ==================== WARNINGS ====================

        !!!! No 'frag' cached read groups found.
        YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT FRAGMENT READS!
        Remember, fragment libraries must have empty 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' in the 'in_libs.csv'.


        !!!! No 'jump' cached read groups found.
        YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT JUMPING READS!
        Remember, jumping libraries must have 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' defined in the 'in_libs.csv'.


        !!!! No 'long_jump' cached read groups found.
        Long jumping reads (typically 40 kb, < 1x coverage) are useful only for scaffolding of vertebrate size genomes, and are not required for an assembly.

        ==================================================

        ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Creating '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/ploidy' with PLOIDY = 1.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Found 6 errors.
        ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Done.

        ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (PAPI): Done.

        Comment

        • akshaya.ramesh
          Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 22

          #5
          Originally posted by rdlady View Post
          I Have the same problem when I run ALLPATH-LG. I'm trying to assemble PacBio sequences and when I run the script PrepareAllPathsInputs.pl it reports these warnings and errors:



          ==================== WARNINGS ====================

          !!!! No 'frag' cached read groups found.
          YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT FRAGMENT READS!
          Remember, fragment libraries must have empty 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' in the 'in_libs.csv'.


          !!!! No 'jump' cached read groups found.
          YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT JUMPING READS!
          Remember, jumping libraries must have 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' defined in the 'in_libs.csv'.


          !!!! No 'long_jump' cached read groups found.
          Long jumping reads (typically 40 kb, < 1x coverage) are useful only for scaffolding of vertebrate size genomes, and are not required for an assembly.

          ==================================================

          ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Creating '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/ploidy' with PLOIDY = 1.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Found 6 errors.
          ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Done.

          ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (PAPI): Done.

          I know this might be a late response, but I believe that there is a problem with your in_libs.csv file. Have you got it to work since?

          Comment

          • rdlady
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2012
            • 4

            #6
            Actually, I've sent a message to Dr. Lander and Dr. Jaffe, the authors of AllPaths-LG. I asked wether my data is suitable for this tool (PacBio and IonTorrent sequences from an enrichment culture) and how should I run this tool.

            David Jaffe replied me. He said that unfortunately my data is not supported by their program and I should try something else with another tool. Plus he suggested me to join the google groups forum of AllPaths, so I could find some information.
            I've sent a request to join the group 3 weeks ago but they didn't replied me until now.

            So I lost hope in Allpaths-LG and now I'm trying to use IDBA_UD and MIRA assemblers for my data. They are still running the assembly.

            So my conclusion is that AllPathsLG doesn't support hybrid assembly of PacBio+IonTorrent.

            Please, let me know if you know any other programs that could work for this data type.

            Comment

            • madhubioinfo
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2014
              • 7

              #7
              my allpaths exiting with error message in the que and the log file is empty no error msgs also somebody help me to solve this issue thanks in advance


              my pbs script
              #!/bin/bash
              #PBS -l walltime=48:00:00
              #PBS -N 268_allpaths
              #PBS -q workq
              #PBS -l select=40:ncpus=16:mpiprocs=16
              #PBS -l place=scatter:excl
              #PBS -V

              # comment begins with # followed by space......[IMPORTANT]
              # Go to the directory from which you submitted the job
              # cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

              module load all_paths-2.2
              # path of all_paths
              # path : /app/allpathslg
              module load openmpi-1.6.4


              # ulimit (stack) is needed by the allpaths program
              ulimit -s 100000

              # prepare data for allpaths:
              PrepareAllPathsInput\
              DATA_DIR=$PWD/scratch/268_allpaths\
              PLOIDY=1\
              IN_GROUPS_CSV=/scratch/268_allpaths/in_groups.csv\
              IN_LIBS_CSV=/scratch/268_allpaths/in_libs.csv\
              OVERWRITE=True\
              | tee prepare.out

              # Assemble data:
              allpathslg\
              PRE=$PWD\
              DATA_SUBDIR=data\
              RUN=run\
              SUBDIR=test\
              OVERWRITE=True\
              | tee -a assemble.out


              my csv files

              in_groups.csv

              file_name, library_name, group_name
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R1.fastq, illumina, frags
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R2.fastq, illumina, frags
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R1.fastq.gz, illumina_short, jumping
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R2.fastq.gz, illumina_short, jumping

              in_libs.csv

              library_name,project_name,organism_name,paired,frag_size,insert_size,read_orientation,genomic_start,genomic_end
              illumina,testassembly,268,1,300bp,480bp,inward,0,0
              illumina,testassembly,268,1,300bp,480bp,inward,0,0
              illumina,testassembly,268,1,300bp,2k,outward,0,0
              illumina,textassembly,268,1,300bp,2k,outward,0,0


              this is my command line still my assembly is not running, thanks alot for help
              Last edited by madhubioinfo; 05-31-2014, 04:53 AM.

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
              0 responses
              9 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              32 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              27 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              47 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...