Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picard CalculateHsMetrics Function - what do all the output abbreviations mean?

Hi,

I am using the CalculateHsMetrics in Picard to estimate the per cent of on and off target reads for some next generation sequence data that I am aligning against a reference genome. I am running Picard via the Galaxy server (usegalaxy.org/).

I am having trouble understanding some of the program outputs. A list of my specific queries is given below. Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

What do the following outputs stand for?
    PF_READS
    PF_UQ_READS_ALIGNED 5403054
    PCT_PF_UQ_READS_ALIGNED
    PF_UQ_BASES_ALIGNED
    ON_BAIT_BASES
    ON_BAIT_VS_SELECTED
    FOLD_ENRICHMENT
    ZERO_CVG_TARGETS_PCT
    FOLD_80_BASE_PENALTY
    HS_PENALTY

I am also unsure about exactly what these outputs refer to:
    BAIT_TERRITORY and TARGET_TERRITORY - are these references to the total number of base pairs captured by the baits and targets?
    NEAR_BAIT_BASES - how near the baits are these bases? I understand that they cover a 250bp interval around each target or bait. Is this what the output is referring to?
    PCT_SELECTED_BASES - does this refer to the percent of the referene genome captured by the targets or baits?
    OFF_BAIT_BASES vs NEAR_BAIT_BASES - does the count of off-target bases include those bases that are near the baits/targets?

refer to this page http://picard.sourceforge.net/picard...html#HsMetrics

Comment

Thank you ersgupta, much appreciated.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses